Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does any one know who makes blue fly line backing? My buddy has some on his reel and it looks really nice. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No, I am sure its backing. He told me he got it @ Hank's in Novi. I called and the Lady told me it was Umpqua. I called umps and she didn't know what i was talking about. I live three hours north of Novi, and I am not going to drive there for a cosmetic item, but i would order some. Thanks

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Found it. It's made buy Jim Teeny. Thanks for the help.:)

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
I stopped out at Hanks in Lk Orion after work...

They have a huge spool of blue backing.....no smaller size spools though. They spool the reels they sell with it.

Glad ya found it.

FWIW....the Novi store is closing temporarily.....the owner of the building they rent is tearing it down. Thet said they will re-open when they find a new place

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
I wish I could remember what color backing I have on my reels. Those 12" brookies don't get me into it very often.:lol:

·
Super Moderator
21,071 Posts
tommytubular said:
FWIW....the Novi store is closing temporarily.....the owner of the building they rent is tearing it down. Thet said they will re-open when they find a new place
Well that sucks

Seems that all of the "low-rent" buildings are being torn down. Sure hope they find another affordable location without moving to the boonies.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
They had a flyer at the orion store describing the shut down/re-open process...

I think the plan is to keep it somewhere colse to that location....but only time will tell.

I know I like the Orion store... great selection of tying materials.

·
Super Moderator
21,071 Posts
Sure hope so...

I used to frequent the Fly Mart in RO, but didn't mind the 30 minute drive to Hank's from the east side. I'd need to pack a lunch to hit the Orion store :dizzy:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts