Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I never fished it but I know dnr stocks steelhead and browns in it any body do good there is there places to shore fish does it get a lot of fishing pressure are there any damns any info would be greatly appreciated thanks

·
Registered
512 Posts
I've never seen anyone mention it on this forum, and don't know myself. The lack of talk on the river means it's either a no go, or doesn't see much pressure and those who fish it would like to keep it that way. Do some googling and start showing up at access points, if you see a good amount of other guys fishing...usually a good sign.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
There's a state game area that has access, beard rd. fished it a couple times with no luck,it used to have a small run of kings.
As far as steelhead they cut the stocking down almost half of what they were putting in there, that was maybe four or five years ago. You'll find some nice runs in that area and most likely low pressure. Good luck

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts
sounds like it doesn't get fished much
it used to when the salmon run was strong. i havent fished it years but ive heard things have been getting a little better. steelhead are there but if i didnt live close it wouldnt be a river i would take too much time to fish. if i did i would probably fish near where mill creek enters the black. if you live fairly close it probably wouldnt hurt to give it a try. would love to hear how you did if you decided to fish it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts