Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
7,316 Posts
I have black Diamond by TC, in 50 cal. I also have an old hammer back in TC in 54Cal.

I love them both. I shot my first buck EVER with the 54 CAL. Round Ball!!:D

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
knight dice elite and an ultimate firearms 50 cal. talk about power 200grain charge of triple7 and a 300 grain bullet gets me 300 plus yards

·
Registered
15 Posts
Knight Wolverine, and Remington 700 ML.

FixedBlade - A black powder rifle and muzzle loader are the same thing, and they can be used in shotgun zone. A great way to get a little extra distance.:)

·
Registered
465 Posts
I use a knight mk85 in a 50 caliber. (it is good for 200 yards)
A Muzzle-loader can be had as a pistol, shotgun or rifle.
All are legal in the shot-gun zone as lone as thay meet the min. caliber requirements which are the same as regular firearms.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Deputy -

200 grains of powder in a Muzzleloader!??! :eek: :eek: :eek:

I have not seen any ML manufactures that recomend anything beyond 120 grains of the T7??? It genrally runs hotter than the other BP substitutes.

How do you like you Disc Elite? How is the accuracy?

Thanks!

Mark

·
Premium Member
6,337 Posts
TC Hawken 50 caliber Cap & Ball

TC Renegade 50 caliber Cap & Ball

Hunt with the Renegade more than the Hawken. It's shorter and a little lighter.

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
the elite is nice but the ultimate is just that! http://ultimatefirearms.com/product1.html

I'l warn you it isnt cheap it cost close to 1500.00 and is worth every penny! there is nothing better, and nothing even comes close to it. I shot a deer at 310 yds with it a big doe and dropped her stone cold! it has much energy as the 300win mag. call randy and ask him he is in howell, go see it for yourself! it cant be beat

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Thanks Deputy!

I just may be in the ML market. I'll have to look into it. Out of curiousity though, why the Knight Disc Elite then???

Is there anything you don't care for about the Ultimate Firearms?

Thanks!

Mark

G

·
0 Posts
knight 50 cal. Never used it. had a scope put on it and bore sighted. But I never even fired it. Always on my list of things to do, but never have. Maybe this year

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
well to be honest i go tthe knight in divorce sale it came with a 3.5x10 vari x iii leupold and unfired in the box for 300 bucks and it is still unfired, i used to have a knight before so i bought mainly for the scope! there is nothing about the ultimate to dislike period no breech plug to be pulled easiest to clean of them all, very smooth accurate reloadable cases for primer source, no fumbling with disc. very accurate i shot groups at 300yds that rival most centfire rifles. talk about power earlyer this year randy shot a 1900lb buffalo on tape at 80 yds dropped it dead in its tracks! on the outdoor channel

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
No breech plug??? What seals the breech? The bolt lugs locking up against the .45 Win Mag case in the chamber like a standard CF rifle? Is the barrel actually chambered to .45 Win Mag and then opened up to .50 cal? So, designed as it is, the bolt would operate as a conventional CF rifle vs. moving 1"-2" like in most bolt-action ML's? I wonder if Howa makes Left-handed actions???

This all seems to make sense.......

Mark

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
yes he has lefties, i had mine built in a ruger action, it uses a breech plug but it doent have to be removed for cleaning the 45 win mag burns so clean and the design is so good it never gets fouled!!!!!!!, yes it opens like a full rifle action it is so nice! the barrel is a .501 diam and is a loather walter from germany, it is a take driving put them down machine just call randyin the afternno tell him steve from away sent you! he will take good care of you! theses are hand made so it takes a few weeks to get hem done order now takes about 60 days i belive he aslo makes a 45 as well

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
no not really i just liked the ruger action and liked the built in scope bases and rings! thats all ! the howa is the same action used on the weatherby vanguard series of guns! it is a good action it is smooth very smooth!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts