Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,917 Posts
Posen is a long way from Black Lake.
Black is still wide open btw.
Lake Nettie and the Ocqueoc chain of lakes between hawks and Millersburg might be okay by the weekend.
All depends on your tolerance. I’m not a fan of ice under 4-5”. If you’re ok with less, you’ll find a small lake that’s fishable.

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Hope to be snooping around up there next week sometime, if not on to Lake Gogebic. I am fishing next week somewhere the ice will tell me where.

·
Registered
20 Posts
North end of Black Lake varies with ice. About 800 yards out solid 5-6". Seen 2 side by sides out that far. Past the pressure crack coming off 5 mile point it varied anywheres from 2-1/2" to 4". Middle of the lake isn't good enough for snowmobiles to park & fish. You may get away with it, you may not.

·
Registered
115 Posts
North end of Black Lake varies with ice. About 800 yards out solid 5-6". Seen 2 side by sides out that far. Past the pressure crack coming off 5 mile point it varied anywheres from 2-1/2" to 4". Middle of the lake isn't good enough for snowmobiles to park & fish. You may get away with it, you may not.
went out Sunday checked about 50 yards out, measured 4” with tape measure, straight out from the public access, saw a few shanties out about the middle of the north end, saw snowmobiles right at the point out from the old hotel to the right past the river, saw shanties off from that point. All I can say is be careful, it’s really not worth it. Plan on checking again Thursday with the cold weather might get to the 6”-8” I like. Water on the ice from those pressure cracks

·
Registered
20 Posts
Just confirmed, ice past that point varies. If you go out check it often on the way. Still getting reports of 3" ice out there.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Just confirmed, ice past that point varies. If you go out check it often on the way. Still getting reports of 3" ice out there.
was plan on fishing today on the west side out from the old hotel, 15’-17’, checked out to 15’ good ice, going a little farther plan on checking as I go toward the point. Checked Mullet and Burt yesterday

1 - 12 of 12 Posts