Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I watch the geese fly over my house in tecumseh most evenings, noticed an odd group comming back to the roost tonight. A group of what looked like 1 giant and 7 cacklers flew over, looked to be 1/3 the size of big chuck. Anyone else seeing cacklers in the area?

Jason

·
Registered
198 Posts
I had a flock of cacklers of about 40-50 birds roosting in an area I hunt for the first two weeks of season. Biggest group I have seen in this area for the 16 years I have been waterfowling..
Usualy only a few are in with the rest of the regular birds..

·
Registered
3,619 Posts
Heard a bunch of swans last night around 10pm. And again this morning heading south. So the geese won't be far behind, then the ducky's......
fat greeners are coming boys........:)

·
Registered
10,944 Posts
We shot two cacklers the final weekend of early season... That is as early as we have seen them. Pretty much everytime out goose hunting we see a couple in a flock.

Gosh I love them little buggers..

·
Registered
3,946 Posts
Full moon....lots of birds migrating/moving at night this week.

·
Registered
9,081 Posts
sunday we saw an odd looking goose like bird, don't know what it was so we didn't shoot.

·
Registered
296 Posts
I watch the geese fly over my house in tecumseh most evenings, noticed an odd group comming back to the roost tonight. A group of what looked like 1 giant and 7 cacklers flew over, looked to be 1/3 the size of big chuck. Anyone else seeing cacklers in the area?

Jason
If only we could hunt the pit... Every evening, like clockwork, they fly over.

JIM

1 - 13 of 13 Posts