Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1041 - 1060 of 1109 Posts
Nice. Last week while mowing I caught a cooper's hawk about to snatch a dove mid-air. I walked the mower into the back yard at the right moment and spooked him claws forward and wings back. Never saw that before. No pic, but I did save a doves life.
View attachment 851431
Got incredibly lucky in capturing a photo of this heroic red tailed hawk trying to revive this cottontail rabbit after some sort of altercation. 😆
See, the "huggers" ARE actually right. Everything in nature lives in a peaceful coexistence 😂 . FM
View attachment 851431
Got incredibly lucky in capturing a photo of this heroic red tailed hawk trying to revive this cottontail rabbit after some sort of altercation. 😆
Reactions: eucman
It literally brought tears to my eyes and then I remembered what a great relationship Thumper and Friend Owl had and it all made sense.
See, the "huggers" ARE actually right. Everything in nature lives in a peaceful coexistence 😂 . FM
Reactions: Forest Meister
Watching the young ones literally stand on the food and beg to be fed is hilarious.
And it is not just the bluebirds.
Okay, we made it to the worm feeder, now who’s going to feed us? Lazy baby bluebs
View attachment 850620
Reactions: Macs13
Went for a hike close to home. This coopers hawk made a pass at me, turned about 10 feet away and landed here to take a look.
Plant Twig Tree Bird Trunk
A pair of pretty Piliated peckers profusely pecking a passed-away pine, plundering for pests. This was our wake up call on Labor Day out the cabin window.
Plant Tree Natural landscape Terrestrial plant Wood
Not my photo, but I was surprised to see a Cerulean Warbler splashing in my bird bath. Never had one of those before here in northern Kent County. Very blue in real life. A little smaller than a goldfinch.
Bird Beak Feather Wing Songbird
Water Plant community Plant Watercourse Grass
This bold little guy was at the pond when I fed the fish yesterday evening. I helped him out by throwing some fish food in front of him !
Didn’t take long to nab a large golden shiner feeding in front of him.
Bird Semipalmated Plover Beak Feather Wing
Getting some warmth from the blacktop.
I was back checking out my blinds this weekend. Wasn't in there 5 minutes and the chickadees showed up looking for sunflower seeds. I feed them in my blind every season.
Plant Natural landscape Land lot Grass Tree

This one is not at home but a good picture -
Water Sky Water resources Plant community Cloud
Those last two are outstanding!Especially the male downy...actively foraging, exceptional light and color!
Not a bird, but it does fly, when it’s not praying.

Snake Reptile Plant Terrestrial plant Scaled reptile

Plant Terrestrial plant Groundcover Grass Terrestrial animal

Wood Terrestrial plant Terrestrial animal Insect Arthropod
The smaller birds are at the feeder non stop now, must be getter ready for the cold.
Plant Twig Natural landscape Tree Wood

Plant Terrestrial plant Twig Tree Larch

Bonus picture -
Bird Plant Plant community Vegetation Natural landscape
Reactions: Mole Hill
Bird bath drinking... lol

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk
1041 - 1060 of 1109 Posts