Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

Bird dog

759 11
Looking for a female Brittney Spanial pup. Any leads to a pup would be greatly appreciated.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Welcome to the site.

Try sending a pm to crbritts. I know he has a litter but I dont know how many are spoken for they were whelped in late March I believe.
Like many well bred litters I believe the CRBrits litter had a waiting list but ya never know when someone will back out.

Welcome to the board twobuck, lose the spaniel designation from your search for a Brittany pup. I'm no Brit expert but I think it was dropped about 15 years ago. Maybe Natty B. can enlighten us both.
Good luck in your search for a new birdfinder.
Spaniel was dropped from the name in 1980. It was voted on by all members of the American Brittany Club back then. Just do a search for Brittanys, there are quite afew threads with lots of information. Good Luck. FRANK.
Check with Chuck Langstaff in Lansing(517-372-9112). He has a nice string of Britts. He not only campaigns them in A.K.C. events he also competes very well with them in Cover Dog trials. Come to Gladwind April 28-29 is The National Brittney Open Grouse Ch. Assoc. You will be able to see some of the states top Britts in action on wild birds and maybe somebody there will have/or know some one with pups. Welcome to the forms
II Buck,

Welcome to M-S. There are lots of savvy bird dog guys here. So ask away with your questions.

We had Britts long before the "spaniel" part of the name was dropped.:p

Before we moved to MI, we were well aware of the Auten's Britts bc/ they have an excellent National reputation. Ron and Carol live in Oxford, MI.
248-628-5147 They may have a website but I dont have it handy.

I know many who are happy with their dogs. And remember, you may have to wait for the right litter from the right breeder to come along. Be sure the breeding stock is OFA/PennHip cleared for HD- its a big problem in the breed.

Natty B.

BTW If you do a search, you will also find other breeders mentioned. PM those guys to get the bottom line on how their pups turned out.
does't Len have some? haha:lol: welcome to the site
Here ya go: http://www.geocities.com/ronalda4/

Good luck in your search.
Spend the extra $$ on breeding/bloodlines,its worth it.

-Gary
NATTY BUMPO said:
Before we moved to MI, we were well aware of the Auten's Britts bc/ they have an excellent National reputation. Ron and Carol live in Oxford, MI.
248-628-5147 They may have a website but I dont have it handy.
So so wrong to tease a newbie like that....:lol:
jimmyjette14 said:
does't Len have some? haha:lol: welcome to the site
Harolds current litter on the ground is all spoken for (including one by me :D ).

However, he's planning a litter in the next month or so with two different dogs, including one that's showing a tremendous amount of promise (Sassy). I belive there's a already a lot of interest in this litter, so you may want to email/call Harold.

His older Stud, Jake, is also being bred with a quality dam from another owner in the next few weeks.

His website: www.centerridgefarms.com
There is a litter out of my stud that is due around the end of May. PM me for info if you are interested, I can give you the specifics. (He is the one on the left in my avatar)
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.