Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 20 of 118 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,724 Posts
That's awesome, but for the love of god turn your phone sideways when videoing... lol

·
Registered
137 Posts
More videos. I feel like I can watch and learn things from this one. Thank you.

Also you guys are letting me down. Isn't this where a random troll is supposed to pop in and say it's easy to get the entire field if you have 14 cards.
His timing is the best thing to learn, didn't have the whole field. He went when they all left. Hunt according to the people's activity at the draws. Especially this year with full day permits.

·
Registered
971 Posts
His timing is the best thing to learn, didn't have the whole field. He went when they all left. Hunt according to the people's activity at the draws. Especially this year with full day permits.
Picked up on that right away plus came to same conclusion last nayanquing trip.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Picked up on that right away plus came to same conclusion last nayanquing trip.
Good luck brother. My best hunt ever was my first managed hunt. Harsens, pm, 2nd Thursday of the season. Limit by 3pm, went out immediately and actually saw the guys coming in from am. I was the only call and decoys in the whole unit for two hours.

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman mobile app

·
Registered
11,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Nice
Prob get em closer if u didn't have ur gun barrel out pointing at them

;):p
i was done hunting and moved my stuff couple rows up because i was going to get boat. they don't care anyways...1st week of season, new birds. :)

fyi, i had a black hat on also...no facepaint and a green shirt. imagine killign like that...oh the horror. lol

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
another tip. if you can talk to the fields around you and have a conversation prior to hunting....it will change how they act. Its harder to screw the guy over next to you when he knows who you are. :)
Probably the best tip I heard in a long time..I always try to talk to the others in our field. Most the time it works out for the best for the both of our fields.
And if they are the older ill even offer them a ride in if we have a good working bird night..

·
Registered
11,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Probably the best tip I heard in a long time..I always try to talk to the others in our field. Most the time it works out for the best for the both of our fields.
And if they are the older ill even offer them a ride in if we have a good working bird night..
i've always done it. even if the field was setup before me and i had the wind. i would politely motor up and talk to them....taking a chance they don't get all pissy. I've explained to them that i have the wind, i could undercut them but i'm not gonna...i'm gonna move down and give them some room...i try to educate that they set themselves up for a huge disappointment if it was anyone else. lol. if i setup on the cut they would never see a bird...with a gap between us at least the birds that slide me will go into them.

always talk to everyone and at least congratulate them when they do things right..encourage good behavior. I watched a crew the other day just put the hurt on...every bird was right in their deeks. they did it right and it was actually really fun to watch. told them so at the dike.

·
Registered
8 Posts
All great advice Kid. Thanks. I got a couple good vids at FP this year. 3 man limit with 2 hours to go. The birds were really moving so we pulled our decoys real quick and watched the show.

There's some long range gunners at FP. I saw ducks drop there that just astounded me.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
There's some long range gunners at FP. I saw ducks drop there that just astounded me.
Its real hard to let the birds swing at FP cause the fields in front of you will be shooting out the back of there corn at our swinging birds and thats where ALOT of the sky busting starts. Ill let them swing if im alone in field for ever, guys in my group are like dogs ready to jump. Last year at 1 of our Shiawassee hunts we killed all our birds in the decoys except for that one teal and that was in north piror road.One thing I love about shiawassee and even Harsen is the spacing in between the fields..

1 - 20 of 118 Posts