Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking about buying Bill Vale's calender and book. Anybody have any good results with it deciding when to hunt?
Thanks.

·
Registered
4,539 Posts
The book is a good read! I don't agree with 100% of it and it can be over complicated at times, but still a very helpful.

However, playing the weather fronts between Halloween and Nov 15th is far more effective than his calendar, IMO.

·
Registered
7,119 Posts
i bought them both last year and they are awesome! the book is a great read and itll really open your eyes to a few things that youve probably overlooked during your hunting career...youll have to read it through a couple times for everything to sink in tho...as for the calendar, ive seen some correlation with sightings in relation to his dates on it...my advice, buy them because it is never a bad idea to take the advice from a guy who has been taking big bucks in this state for around 30 years now!

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
Book is good and worth the money and time to read it. (I haven't tried the calander, but taking what he talks about and realizing when other factors are at work with the moon, that he is correct in what he says in he book) The moon alone will not dictate deer movement, but it is one of the factors helping to promote movement.

·
Registered
7,119 Posts
Book is good and worth the money and time to read it. (I haven't tried the calander, but taking what he talks about and realizing when other factors are at work with the moon, that he is correct in what he says in he book) The moon alone will not dictate deer movement, but it is one of the factors helping to promote movement.
According to that calendar (Perigee is Saturday) and the impending cold front that will be moving through at the end of the week, this is shaping up to be a great opening weekend!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts