Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased a new Trek bike this year to ride to/from work for physical fitness and to save gas. On my rides I have been able to either find a place to lock my bike or take the bike inside the business with me (after a previous involuntarily 'donation' of a bike to a thief). I have been able to park inside banks, grocery stores and even outdoor resturants. This week I had planned on visiting an RV Dealer, Klines RV @ 13 Mile and Dequindre in Warren to make a purchase. There was no visible place to lock my bike and seeing several motor homes in the showroom I figured there would be no problem setting the bike inside the store while I reviewed Klines products for purchase. I was immediately met w/a terse, "get that bike outside!" . When I asked where I could safely park the bike I got the same terse response. I had no idea the motor home business was doing so well that you could dimiss a potential customer!

Anyway, do any of you have either similar circumstances with businesses?

·
Registered
6,098 Posts
Don't think everyone is like that. Went to school with Kline and that's just his demeanor. Some things never change.:nono: I'm sure it's been impressed upon his employee's also.:rolleyes:

·
Super Moderator
4,274 Posts
Show up next week in your car... Look around and tell them you are in the market for an RV. After a while...... Sorry, I only have the cash that I had with me while on my bike. Since was no good then it is still no good... Have a nice day !!!!;)

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replies!

I did make an audible remark on my way out of the store re the service.

Ironically, there was also a customer in the store who looked to be getting an order written up by a sales person. My question if I was that customer would be ..."hmmmm if that guy is treated that poorly before Klines has his money, how much WORSE SERVICE am I going to have now that Klines already has my money???"

My hope is to get a list of businesses to avoid in the future.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts