Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 139 Posts

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, I was wondering what everyones biggest fish they have ever caught in there life was. Because I broke my personal records this year. No fisher mens tales either! J/K

My biggest bass was taken this August on a lake down the road from me. It was 20 1/2 inches and weighed 4lbs. My next largest fish was a little 16 incher, big improvement.
My biggest pike was caught on the 1st of 2001. I thought that was pretty cool. Well my uncle was teaching me how to fish tip-ups and this was my very first time ice fishing and I caught a 30 inch pike. We didn't get it weighed but trust me she wasn't light.

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
My biggest fish was a 27 pound salmon last fall. my biggest bass are a 6 pound smallmouth and a 5 1/2 pound largie. My biggest pike came on super bowl sunday and she weighed about 7 pounds.
i am anxious to here what some other peoples biggest are.

later

adam

G

·
30 lb salmon, about 10 years a go, casting from shore at Tawas. I hooked the fish, felt the weight of it, then nothing. 10 seconds later it was at me feet. It ran right on the beach.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Unfortunatly my biggest all around is still the 48lb Carp I caught as a kid.

BUT now that I'm getting into saltwater, look out...der be 1000lb fisheys swimming around out there!!

·
Registered
8,063 Posts
Originally posted by crash:
Unfortunatly my biggest all around is still the 48lb Carp I caught as a kid.

BUT now that I'm getting into saltwater, look out...der be 1000lb fisheys swimming around out there!!
geesh...48 lb carp.....beats my 25 lb carp that I caught during steelie season...my biggest fish is a 26 lb wahoo and my biggest salmon is a 25 lber....had no help with it either in a log jam...ohh i wish i got a pic of that...after i took the hook out of it's mouth it smack the ground and some how got under my legs and back into the water...was I pissed...my biggest walleye is a 9 lber....ohhh...ive had some fun..my biggest sucker though is a 25 incher steelie fishing......

------------------
Stelmon, the only one.
Make sure you know what your shooting @ and knock it dead and keep those reels screamen

·
Registered
54 Posts
My big fish is a 11lb.3oz. walleye caught
12-3-94 at lakeside pier Marblehead,Ohio
at night on a firetiger rattlin rapala.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Shooter, my biggest fish was a 14# 39" pike. Caught on a red&white daredevle.Biggest brook trout 14"(old garden hackle days). Never caught a musky....maybe someday.

·
Registered
404 Posts
My biggest fish ever is a 26 lb. Chinook Salmon I caught when I was 9 in Petosky harbor 27 years ago (1973) . My dad, brother and I were fishing from a 16 foot aluminum boat and I had 5 or 6 fish on that day. I only caught the one fish. I fought the fish for close to a half hour and I repeatedly tried to give the rod to my dad, he would not take it. The fish towed the boat all over the harbor. When my dad finally netted the fish she was shooting eggs all over the boat. My dad said that it would have weighed close to 30 pounds if it would have been full of eggs. Still trying to top that one.

Mike

·
Registered
82 Posts
Walleye 32inches
Northern 38 inches
Small mouth 21/2 inches
Large mouth 24 1/2 inches
King Salmon 26 pounds
Brown trout 26 inches
Rainbow trout 23 inches

·
Registered
103 Posts
Well never caught a bass worth weighing maybe 3 lbs or a walleye maybe 5 lbs
But.... in 99 I caught a master angler salmon on the P.M. 38lbs on 6 lbs test that was cool then this year in the same whole I caught my 2nd master angler 34 lbs on 6lb test and beleive it or not both on flies and both right in the jaw!!!!
I wont say what hole but I will say this in 99 I keep that fish last year I couldnt.

·
Registered
686 Posts
Perch - 16"
Bluegill - 11.25"
LM Bass - 22" 6lbs.
SM Bass - 18" 5lbs.
Pike - 29" 8lbs.
Salmon - 25lbs.
Steelhead - 12lbs.
Crappie - 14.5"
Bowfin - 50"

·
Registered
639 Posts
Of the 3 fish that I fish for regularly

Large Mouth Bass- 22 in - 7 lbs (on my wall!)
Northern Pike- 39 in - 14 lbs
Walleye- 30 in - 10 lbs

·
Registered
290 Posts
King salmon 33 lbs
Steelhead lots of 16#'s never a 17
Brown Trout 14#
Lake Trout 11#
Brook Trout 16"
Large Mouth Bass 6.25#
Small Mouth Bass 6#
Northern Pike 10#
Walleye 9#
Bluegill 12"
Yellow perch 13.5"

·
Registered
407 Posts
I caught a 54" sturgeon in the menominee river in 1993 on an egg hook with yarn. we were fishing for steelhead, (caught lots of those too) it took about 45 mins. to land her on the 6 lb.

·
Registered
6,525 Posts
I have fished all the Great Lakes (except Lake St.Clair),Lake Ontario,Alantic Ocean and in the Gulf of Mexico (Fla.)and to this day the biggest fish I've caught is a 52lb. carp in the Grand River here in Lansing. We took it over to a friends house and weighed it on there bathroom scales.Then went back to the river stood on the bridge for awhile and somebody stopped and gave us 5.00 for it.Back then that was alot of money.

------------------

1 - 20 of 139 Posts