Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well went and spent late afternoon till after dark and didn't get a single bite. I met two guys that just moved to the area who weren't having any luck so I invite them over while I punched holes and they checked with flashers we didn't find many fish but when we did I punched holes around the one that had something in it. Well nobody hit anything so I must have put fifty to sixty holes in the ice, only one nibble was to be had an lost. Well it was still nice to meet new fisherman on the ice, gave them some advice on the local lakes for both soft and hard water was great to have someone to talk to. Hope to see Nick and Cody again best of luck.

Bil
:fish: "

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey Bil this is Cody, one of the guys from the lake yesterday. You were telling me about this site so I thought I'd give it a look. Went to Sugarloaf again today and it was just as slow. Didn't look like anybody out there was having any luck either.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey Cody good to see here a great place to meet locals and make new friends,I'm thinking of going out in the am Saturday down to Barton just PM me and we can maybe hook-up.

Bil

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Flinger it's been along time since I've been there I think your talking Kline's Resort. What hitting on what if ya don't mind my asking?:coolgleam

Bil:fish:

·
Registered
171 Posts
From a few reliable sources that don't bs strangers let alone me portage was not good to them last night. I think it's been hit or miss as of late. Going to try another portage lake Saturday afternoon and Sunday morning to see if the bite is as SLOW as sugarloaf has been

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys I still think I'll head south to Barton or try Portage ,Kline's Resort. I know what Barton has and Flinger sounds confident in Portage Lake,so see y'all on here or there or both.

Bil

1 - 8 of 8 Posts