Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I may meet my daughter who is a Ferris student and try to do a little ice fishing she runs indoor track so she wont be making it home many weekends. Does any one have any suggestions on places to pan fish in the area?

·
Registered
3,367 Posts
Just south of town is Rogers Heights...where the Rogers Damn is...I hear there is some fishies in there somewhere...

Or I don't think Chipewa Lake is that far away...

Neither is croton nor Hardy ponds...

·
Premium Member
12,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Box is empty now.

·
Premium Member
12,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mondrella tried to pm you to thank you but I get a message that you dont accept pms.

Thanks; Mike

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
plugger,
No problem. I grew up around here and know many more places and should be able to put you on fish.
You should be able to pm me. I had a change of address and have had some difficulties as of late. It should be working right now. Let me know when your going to be around and I will try to get you on a lake that is producing some fish.

·
Registered
249 Posts
mondrella, I live in Reed City and I've never fished the lakes around BR much. Any good Crappie and / or Pike lakes? I've fished Chippewa Lake a few times and not had much luck. Other than that, I usually head North - for lack of a better idea.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Nearly every lake holds excellent Crappie. The thing is figuring out which lake produces at what time of year.;) I have pretty much have panfishing down. I normally can find fish over the course of a day. I can get a feel for what lakes will produce by the way they act on given lakes. As for Pike there are alot of places that holds them just very few big ones. The lakes around here seem to get to warm in the summer time and that is not very conducive to growing big Northerns. I have fished some of the lakes up your way and there is one lake that will give you a honest to goodness shot at a 20lber. I have seen 5 from that lake. Due to its size I am very uncomfortable at putting the name on the net. To be able to consistently catch fish on the ice one has to pay thier dues. I fish a average of 3 times a week over a year.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Well, I'd love to fish 3 times a week, but I have other "dues" to pay, which require an actual paycheck... So for me it's typically once a week... Guess I'll just keep heading up to Rose whenever I get a chance.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Former Ferris stater here. Haymarsh is not to far away, real nice lake, at least it was when I was there 12 years ago. Rogers hts is probably closer than haymarsh and always a nice bet. On the way out to haymarsh there is a bunch of state land and there is a little lake with a public access that always looked good, never fished it but always wanted to try.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Thanks Swamphound. I've fished Haymarsh a couple of times but never got anything with size. It's a good place to take the kids because you can almost always catch fish - just not very big fish. I'm going to have to try down by the dam in the Heights. It seems like lots of people say it's good.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts