Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heading up to Big Manistique lake on Monday, has anyone fished it recently? Any reports or tips would be greatly appreciated.

·
Premium Member
2,327 Posts
I've been on the lake since Tuesday only fished it a few times due to weather and my kids have ants in their pants. We fished west of Burnt island both times using slip bobbers and perch rigs in about 10ft of water. We caught bluegill, perch, walleye, and pike they weren't picky on bait used crawlers, minnows, and leeches. Guys we're drifting and trolling we just anchored. The guy staying at a cabin next to me was targeting pike and he caught a 43" on a pike slip bobber with a 4 ft. Leader, the thing was massive. When I fish the lake again I'm going that route, he called a big pike before he went out too he's been coming up here for 30 years. Good luck the fish were definitely biting.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply, my plan was slip bobbers & leeches when not trolling. Is there any crank bait bite up there?

·
Premium Member
2,327 Posts
Thanks for the reply, my plan was slip bobbers & leeches when not trolling. Is there any crank bait bite up there?
No crank baits that I noticed

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Didnt get out as much as i had hoped & when i did the wind was pretty relentless. I did manage 3 keeper eyes, a bunch of 14's & a million dink perch pulling harnesses. Couldnt even run certain color harnesses because of the dink perch. Beautiful lake & Great weather though.

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Fished this lake many times over a 15 year span and all I can say is Rapalas, Rapalas, and Rapalas....any color as long as they are silver or gold. Also, size 7's was the ticket. When things slowed down, tip your Rapala with a minnow.

Marc

1 - 7 of 7 Posts