Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Graham Church, Big Buck Night will be held on Friday, January 2 from 5p-8p. This annual event is totally free and includes refreshments, door prizes, category prizes and an opportunity to swap stories with hundreds of local sportsmen. This is a great opportunity to take those racks from this year and years past off the wall and show them off, but you aren't required to bring anything.

Gabe Van Wormer from MUCC's Michigan-out-of-Doors television is the host of the event. CBM has been onsite each year to score bucks, bear, turkey, etc. Door prizes in the past have included a Two Tracks LongWalker long bow, Matthews bow, blinds, stands, scents, calls, knives, gift certificates, etc.

You're welcome to bring your friends and family to enjoy a free night of big bucks and good company. Remember it's totally FREE.

Visit http://www.grahamchurch.org/ministries/bigbuck2009.htm for more details.

Graham Church is located at 8920 Britton Road in Laingsburg.

Some of you guys have attended, pipe up and let everyone know that it's a good time!

I hope to see you there.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Sounds like a good time...some nice deer come from around there. Morrice buck pole 2yrs ago had some nice ones....

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It really is a good time and there are a lot of nice bucks each year. We've had John Benedict and Jack Eddy bucks in the past. A couple years ago a guy came that has a shed hunting dog...that was a really cool display.

I hope to see you there.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I knew Jack well, sorry he is gone! Jack was a buck killer no doubt about it. And John Benedict......is some one Id love to beable to talk deer to/with....one could only be so lucky!

Shed hunting dog you say.......anyone got more info on such??

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Is this event something i will have to reserve a seat for?

No reservations needed, just show up. It's usually starts to get a little crowded around 6p. Door prizes are given out starting about 6:30p or 7:00p.

I wish I had that shed hunter's name. As I remember, he mostly shed hunts public land.

Hope you guys can make it.

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Backwoods01 -

I just saw your post and looked at your pictures. I immediately recognized you from tonights event. We met and just didn't know it, I was the (unplanned) host of the event.

Did you and your friend enjoy the evening? I thought it went really well.

Have a great weekend.

- Brandon

·
Registered
280 Posts
Yeah i had a good time it was definantly pretty cool to see alot of the bucks that some of the other guys have killed this year. It was a fun i will definantly make it a priority to show up next year.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Yeah, we had a pretty good showing of bucks. It's always neat to see the bucks taken from the area. We encourage guys to bring old bucks. A lot of the old ones were celebrated way back when they were killed and now they don't get much notice. This is a chance to bring out grandpa's old buck and show it off.

Anyway, glad you had a good time at the event Backwoods. We'll see ya next year.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts