Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a question for you guys.This morning i stayed out untill about 12.00 noon and cought the the big one comming back to bed just at noon,no good trees to be in its real thick but have a shootingf lane on the ground at 30 yards wer he likes workin on these trees ,my question is can they be shot from the ground and how many have done it,and what is the best way to fool him-thanks

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
To fool him you'll have to wait until the rut is in full swing for him to get stupid. It may just be me, but I wouldn't want to scare him off by throwing out abunch of different calls and scents at him, at least until he starts running around for women. Even if you have to put up a stand in the thick stuff just make a shooting lane. Many people (including myself) make the mistake of wanting to hunt fields or open areas vs. thick, brushy areas because you see alot more deer in the field. This may be true because of the much more area you can see, but the big bucks are sticking to cover so your chance of shooting him may be better in closer quarters. Just my .02

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
Use good camo making sure you are well concealed and play the wind right. Don't hunt the area with a marginal wind. Within a couple of weeks their defenses should be coming down as much as they will all year, so the can or grunt tube may start to come into play.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts