Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any leads on Blackhorn 209 powder? i cant seem to find any. i live in the Oakland county area. thanks all

·
Premium Member
9,432 Posts
In many parts of the country its been showing up at all the Wal-Marts. Likely problems will be that guys seeing it will want to buy as many bottles as they can afford.
Keep looking also online. Yeah I know, you don't want to pay that hazmat and shipping but, right now it may be necessary.
I'm hoping that once the season is over, Hodgdon can catch up well enough to start offering it back in 5# containers.

·
Registered
37,103 Posts
I stopped by Jays, nothing. I stopped by Walmart on the at home and purchased a jug. Jays wasn’t a waste of time since I picked up a box of TMZ Bullets. I thought about others and left stock on the shelf at both places when it would have been just as easy to clear the shelves.

·
Premium Member
9,432 Posts
I stopped by Jays, nothing. I stopped by Walmart on the at home and purchased a jug. Jays wasn’t a waste of time since I picked up a box of TMZ Bullets. I thought about others and left stock on the shelf at both places when it would have been just as easy to clear the shelves.
I ran down to Haglund's and picked up a couple pounds of IMR4198. I left more than I brought home.

Reactions: Luv2hunteup

·
Registered
37,103 Posts
The time to buy is when you see it but there is no need to buy everything in time of shortage. We are not alone in the sport. When supplies comeback prices will stabilize and that’s the time to stock up.

·
Premium Member
9,432 Posts
"Fool me once, shame on you.........."
I learned from the first minor shortage to purchase enough to have on hand, not everything I could afford. There's no reason to purchase 10K rounds of 9mm unless you're a serious competitor.
I learned a long time ago that buying in bulk vs 10oz containers saved me a TON of money over time. BH has an unlimited shelf life if stored right. When the 5# bottles become available, think about purchasing one. It'll last 95% of the shooters/hunters the remainder of their lives.
Now before someone says it appears I might be a hoarder, I shoot much more than 98% of shooters. I can go through 5#'s of BH in a very short time.

Luggage and bags Bag Automotive lighting Tints and shades Electric blue

·
Registered
214 Posts
I stock up by forgetting what I already have. The start of this shortage I was browsing to buy online. Kept looking at stuff and a little voice kept saying "you already have that". I dug around in my basement and found 2 50 cal cans and a 30 cal can full of ammo. CRS to the rescue!
- Joe

·
Registered
11,810 Posts
I didn't even know that BH209 was available in 5# cans. Now that I know I will be looking for it.

·
Premium Member
9,432 Posts
I didn't even know that BH209 was available in 5# cans. Now that I know I will be looking for it.
GOOD LUCK! I don't believe you'll see it in 5# containers until late spring or early summer. The demand is just way to high right now with the hunting seasons in full swing.

Reactions: Wild Thing

·
Registered
11,810 Posts
GOOD LUCK! I don't believe you'll see it in 5# containers until late spring or early summer. The demand is just way to high right now with the hunting seasons in full swing.
Thanks Encore. I’ve got 2 or 3 10 oz jugs on hand now so I am good-to-go for the near future anyway.

Reactions: ENCORE

·
Registered
6,486 Posts
I have maybe 8-9 jugs of it. I was getting it on sale and on clearance when there wasn't a hunting season demand for it and no one wanted it. I have seen it at a few Walmarts lately.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Using Blackhorn Muzzleloading Propellant - Walmart Inventory Checker - BrickSeek I found 4 Walmart's that PROBABLY have some in stock.

ZIP searched, Then city.

49707 Bad Axe
49707 Petosky
49866 Houghton (not lake)
49660 Whitehall

The Muskegon Walmart at 879 E Sherman Blvd says they have lots in stock, but the store inventory is wrong. I know because I drove there from Lansing :(
- Joe

1 - 14 of 14 Posts