Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
Yes, there are for sure. There is already another thread started recently on this topic. It might be of some use to check it out. I was up last week and there were good pods here and there...hope that helps.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

·
Registered
10,711 Posts
you can go above homestead...just because everyone focuses below doesnt mean they cant be caught above...just food for thought. less people makes better fishing imo
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
466 Posts
you can go above homestead...just because everyone focuses below doesnt mean they cant be caught above...just food for thought. less people makes better fishing imo
Posted via Mobile Device

Very True. It is a little sandy up there but not alot of guys. But usually by the time they get up there they arent very willing to eat. Makes it alot tougher to get biters.

·
Registered
10,711 Posts
steelieaem, when they flew through like last season biters arent an issue upstream, but when they linger beloe for a week or two you are correct.

on another note i stopped by garys to get my hooks etc a couple weeks ago and he had a blank sitting there. i looked at it and immediately decided to have me build a brand new croix which will be perfect for chunking the betsie. good luck this year. maybe we will meet up. ill be around the timberline second wk of sept and around the betsie probably earier and later throughout this season.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
466 Posts
Yea he built me two. both are strait 10 weight and i love them. He also built me 2 steelhead rods and a fly rod and a bass rod. he does an amazing job i will never buy one from a store. its way woth the extra cash. I will be up for the next 5 weekends so there is a good chance i will run into you. i also stay at timberline right by the bath house. Grandpa Gary is right next door to us.

·
Registered
10,711 Posts
yeah well say hi, i always make it a point to go see him when im in thr area.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
You can always catch fish above the dam this time of year. The challenge is finding where they're holding out at. We found them podded up heavily the 3rd and 4th week of August last year on the upper stretches.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts