Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm planning on taking a couple of my nephews for their first ice fishing excursion this Saturday. By the sound of it my best chance for them to catch something will be on Lake St. Clair. Any suggestions on where to go to keep the driving at a minimum and the catching to a maximum? We'll be coming from the downriver area. I'm not as concerned about quality(size) as I am about just helping them catch some fish. Any suggestions would be helpful.
Alan

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
In that case maybe I BETTER get out there before all you pro's catch them all :)
Heck, maybe I'll come back out on Sunday by myself. Gotta take advantage of the ice while we've got it.
Alan

·
Super Moderator
10,176 Posts
Well, I’m not much of an ice fisherman but it sounds like it’s kind of hit and miss on some days. The fish they are catching are quality. Anchor Bay off Fair Haven is another possibility but that area will be very busy on the weekend. Hopefully someone will give you a good tip on where to get the kids some fish. I could be more help if the darn water wasn’t frozen! :)

·
Registered
904 Posts
Alan the the outing isn't an option and if your looking for most action for the kids hit selfridge bite is on most of the time until 10 am then it slows down and picks back up again around 3. If your looking for hogs then try Ginos. Don't get me wrong there is still decent sized one at slefridge but it seems that there is a mixed bag out there.

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
I think the back basin at Metro is about the most reliable option for kids right now...You can usually get fish all day but they are on the small side...But its action anyway...Just my .02...:)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts