The Quick and The Dead
Appaloosa
3:10 To Yuma
Dance's With Wolves
Django
Back To The Future 3
Lone Star
Cowboys VS Aliens
Dances with Wolves and Appaloosa - two more real good ones. Jeez - there are so many great ones and they just keep coming.

·
Premium Member
9,490 Posts
Half way through this one at this time
Hostiles is okay. Kind of dark and a touch PC. But nowhere near as bad as dances with...

I got a kick out of the man who got his family killed talking about property rights.

·
Premium Member
9,490 Posts
Yes. It was an absolute masterpiece. A modern western style film like you said. Javier Bardem was outstanding in his performance, a well deserved Oscar. The rest of the cast & the filming was also fantastic. I wish I had seen it on the big screen.
Too Dark! I like Cormac's books. But the man never heard of a happy ending...

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
My favorite western movie is Open Range. My 2 favorite actors, Kevin Costner and Robert Duvall. Annette Bening is a doll as Sue. Beautifully filmed and beautifully acted.
Out of many good choices this probably replaced crossfire trail as my favorite. Probably due to the mores of freedom and the scenes that take place in wide open country in both videos.

Reactions: capper

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Not an Old Western. But set in a western setting, Wind River!
It's a neowestern and a fairly good movie no more budget than it probably got. We drove past the wind river reservation in sept and it looked nothing like the movie though.

81 - 100 of 117 Posts