Registered
839 Posts
The Wild Bunch.

And then maybe Long Riders.

Reactions: Hammer62

·
Registered
722 Posts
The Ballad of Buster Scruggs and Across the wide Missouri...
runner up The Missouri Breaks, Nicholson and Brando...

·
Premium Member
5,671 Posts
"True Grit" - the 2010 version of Charles Potis' novel of the same name. It very closely portrays the dress, mannerisms, language and general demeanor of the mid- 19th. Century "Trans-Mississippi West." Gee - no black leather vests with silver buckles, no checkered tablecloths in remote dirt floor trapper's hovels, no 1892 Winchester carbines in a circa. 1873 setting, no fanning revolver hammers, no fast draw and shooting from the hip, no - "We got the rustlers corned in Box Canyon" ..... etc. etc. ...imagine that

9mm Hi-Power

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Another vote for the Outlaw Josie Wales. My dad was a huge Clint fan so I watched all his movies growing up. Unforgiven is a close second for me. I thought the gun fight at the end of Open Range was the most realistic gun fight I've ever seen. Really liked that one too. Just too many one liners in Josie Wales to not love that movie.

·
Premium Member
9,650 Posts
I grew up on gun smoke and was a big fan for Tv but no one tops Clint Eastwood as the most bad ass western star there ever was in movies .He was even a heartthrob for women even way back in his wagon train days .He is a legend .Our culture won't tolerate his kind now and it is sad because the generations that watched him and western tv and movies were not turned into cold blooded killers like many want us to believe these days .It was American entertainment and was like no where else in the world ...it was good vs evil for the most part .Damm i miss those days !

·
Registered
839 Posts
Lonesome Dove, remembered renting it (3 VHS tapes) I think it was six hours. Had surgery Friday figured it would last the weekend watched it start to end in one sitting.

Reactions: jjlrrw
1 - 20 of 117 Posts