2,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
61BA44A1-7382-48BB-8E3A-7A82B3453871.jpeg

Looking for a great light for blood tracking, any suggestions

·
Registered
3,403 Posts
One thing ive learned, you cant put a price on a good l.e.d light

Makes tracking or whatever else your doing much better!

·
Premium Member
6,223 Posts
I bought a Lux Pro from Frank's that was 1200 lumens for $35 I believe. Very bright. Haven't had it long to discuss how it last though. Also ran on AA batteries.

I still like my Surefire for tracking with a lantern at last blood.

·
Registered
5,872 Posts
Look into rechargeable lights, that much money and ya still need to replace batteries.

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Is there a good Lumens # to look for?

·
Registered
385 Posts
I have an older version of this that uses a ton of AA batteries, and I think it works pretty well for the cost. Has high/low power and you can focus the beam from a flood to a spot. The spot has pretty good distance to it, 200-300 feet I'd estimate. All aluminum construction. I am pretty sure I saw the non-rechargable one still at the store, but it doesn't show on the site.

https://www.menards.com/main/p-1555914848884-c-6314.htm?tid=4285127375311857771&ipos=1

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
One thing ive learned, you cant put a price on a good l.e.d light

Makes tracking or whatever else your doing much better!
Agree 100%. LED lights have come a long way and neutral tints really make blood pop. The awful yellow light of gas lanterns and incandescent flashlights was never very good for spotting blood. Nice thing is that even places like Meijer, Walmart, Homedepot and Menards carry pretty good LED handhelds and headlamps at really good prices these days.

·
Registered
746 Posts
Agree 100%. LED lights have come a long way and neutral tints really make blood pop. The awful yellow light of gas lanterns and incandescent flashlights was never very good for spotting blood. Nice thing is that even places like Meijer, Walmart, Homedepot and Menards carry pretty good LED handhelds and headlamps at really good prices these days.

I disagree. Coleman Northstar lantern is first thing I grab to track after dark. That said, I also use an LED headlamp and carry an LED flashlight. I like how the lantern lights up a wide 360 degree radius of light.

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
I recently picked up a Fenix light and absolutely love it! Small, powerful, easily adjustable, and rechargeable!
I have a Felix tk75 for tracking and love it! I have a spare set of rechargeables in the bag in case the track lasts more than 3-4 hours, and also use the same rechargeable as my cheapo led head lamp too. Biggest thing if you go led is to ensure you get a white light as this will help out for you.

·
Registered
262 Posts
I love led flashlights. But for tracking I ways use an incandescent work light that I got with my drills. If things get really tough, you can't beat a set of young eyes though. Those kids are worth their weight in gold...sometimes.

·
Registered
367 Posts
https://www.wickedhuntinglights.com/

I use the white setting on my predator lights. For deer season I take them off my predator rifle and put them on the pistol grips they sell. Come January they go back on the predator rifle. Very high power, adjustable beam and intensity, rechargeable batteries. Use the red when walking in and out and it wont affect your night vision

1 - 19 of 19 Posts