Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

When is the best time to catch walleye on the Saginaw River?

• Morning

Votes: 15 41.7%
  • Midday

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Evening

Votes: 16 44.4%
  • Night

Votes: 4 11.1%
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Welcome to the site Ruff Rider

Due to work I dont get to fish the mornings except for on the weekends. So for me the best time is always afternoon/evening. Form 5 to 6 o'clock you better hang on!!!

·
Registered
2,598 Posts
I couldn't really vote because I have done good in the morning and in the evening. Have not done really good in the afternoon though. So I would say Morning's and Evening's.

·
Premium Member
29,844 Posts
Definately evening. I gauge it by the sun. As soon as it disappears on horizon until dark. Never seems to fail :)

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
I would say the best time was about 1994...Its been getting worse every year, unless you like to catch 13" fish..Tom

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
I can't agree with you more! 10 years ago the fishing was SSSSOOOOO much better than it is now. But that won't keep me from still trying.
RR: Over the years I have found that the Morning bite lasts longer. Usually from day break until as late as noon where the nite bite is the last 45 min. to an hour before dark. It all depends on the school that you are on at the time.....Patch

·
Registered
11,852 Posts
an hour either side of sunrise and the same at sunset....Have caught them in the early afternoon, but not on a regular basis.

·
Registered
4,720 Posts
Can't say that I've done any better a.m. or p.m., but then I'm not known as the "Slayer of the Saginaw" anyway :eek: :D I do prefer to be out in the am though, I'm a morning man ! (My wife can attest to this ;) :) )

:cool:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts