Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looking for portable shanty for friend & I to hit different lakes new to sport any suggestions welcome...........I'm 6"4" 230

·
Registered
13,297 Posts
Wow. Do you like Dodge, General Motors or Ford. Cars or trucks.

Way toooo vague to give you a good response. Not trying to be funny but what you should do is go to a good sporting goods store and see what they have to offer. Sit in them, put them up and take them down. Figure out what they weigh etc..............THEN figure out how much money you want to spend and go from there.............

There are way to many sizes and styles to list. You just have to sit in one, put one up and down and go from there.

Just pick out a good store. Gander Mt, Cabelas, Jays, Dicks. etc.......

Good luck on your search..............

·
Registered
69 Posts
I bought the rover 2.0 this year and I absolutely love it. It is big enough to fit three if you need to. So it would fit two people plus gear very comfortable. sets up and breaks down nice and easily. pulls great. has two smaller doors instead of one big door. has access door to get into the sled from outside without having to enter the shanty. Has a bench seat instead of the little buckets. Storage net under seat for rods and hooks to hang poles on. I couldnt be happier with this shanty.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
i just bought a 1 man fish trap pro but i'm 14 and weigh 165 and its perfect for me, but you want to go way bigger my dad is 6-2 and he gets closterfobic when he sits in it. Sorry if this didn't help ya

·
Registered
4,719 Posts
Trap Pro for a one man, Trap Guide for a two man. Maybe even the Trap Yukon for a two man also. Much better material and sew jobs on the Traps than the Frabils. All excellent units. ;) :fish2: :fish: :fish2:

·
Registered
663 Posts
if you want to be able to stand up and stretch you should go to franks in linwood, i have a shappell 4000 & i'm 6'2" My fishin bud is 6'4" and we can stand in it but it's tight. franks had some last year that were taller than any that i've seen. i think they were viking, black big & not to much money. fish traps are nice but they are short;)

·
Registered
317 Posts
I have the frabil triplex, My brother in law is 6'3" 240lbs and my nephew is 6'6" we all fished in it together this weekend. Suprislingly it was that bad. they were able to stand and stretch, and the seats are great.

·
Registered
3,223 Posts
i just got a ranger solo"frabill". Pretty good shanty, i'm a large guy and can easily sit in the seat which came with it and be comfortable. Plus it has alot of space for all the stuff you take with you on the ice, camera, tackle, vex, whatever.

That said, if i would have had the chance, i would have bought a fishtrap pro or guide, but i'm pretty happy with what i have and is a huge improvement over the leaky, hole filled shappel 3000 i had before.

·
cold, dead hands ......
6,198 Posts
I just got the Fish Trap Pro and was very please with the comfort and quality (although I didn't know I'd be putting it together for hours!). If it's in your budget, get a larger version of this unit (for 2 people) - you won't be disappointed!

Now ...... if we just had some ice!

·
Registered
120 Posts
I have the fish trap guide LOVE it little heavy to pull across the snow !!
but in open ice ice move well
I am axe handel wide in the [email protected]# and sholders and I can set for hours pretty
comfee , plenty of room for heater , m/bucket ect ,ect!!! can stand up no prob. as Iam 6' was welll worth the money but i am thinking of going to the yukon as we could camp in that one (plenty of room for 2-cots)

ps cabela's has free shiping right now for orders over $200.00
even if you miss the free s/h I live 5 hr north of Dundee Mi. and the s/h for my guide was only $13.00 via fright truck

ordered mine on a sat. and had it by thursday that week !!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts