Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Anglers,

There was a thread a week or so back about Wakeley Lake that got me thinking: What are some of the best remote, off-the-beaten-path, no boat launch, hard to access lakes that have decent fishing?

If you have a "secret lake" in the national forest that you don't want to reveal, I understand, but I was thinking most of these lakes would be small, no motors, pack everything with you and hike in kind of lakes, which most people would probably skip over.

I have sit-in float tube, a kayak, and don't mind leaches between my toes.

Looking for a little "backwoods fishing"!

Thanks Everyone!

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
You should know how this works!
First I tell you and then I have to eliminate you from the fishing picture.:lol::lol::lol:
Schlatter Lake, Copper Harbor, Lots of Pike and jumbo perch.
( twenty five years ago )

·
Premium Member
4,632 Posts
quite a few remote brook trout lakes u.p.,check those out c,,,contact dnr:)

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
OK, I don't mind . . . Chub Creek east of Waters. I used to go there with the family when I was a kid. I haven't been there in 30 years. I don't even know if it's still there.

There was a little State camp site on the river. We used to go down the trails to where the National Guard were firing cannons at a dump 5 miles away. The Jets would fly over shooting and dropping dummy bombs at the same dump. After the Guard was gone we'd digg up their garbage pits for K-rations, blank bullets and other disgarded military stuff.

Put out minnow traps in the creek and caught shiners and horned-aces. Then went down stream to tiny little Chub Lk. and fished with bobbers for pike. Also trolled for Trout.

Great memories.

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
You should know how this works!
First I tell you and then I have to eliminate you from the fishing picture.:lol::lol::lol:
Schlatter Lake, Copper Harbor, Lots of Pike and jumbo perch.
( twenty five years ago )
Fished it about 9 yrs ago and slammed the perch.had to sort but double headers all day.

fish on! fish on!! fish on!!!

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Fished it about 9 yrs ago and slammed the perch.had to sort but double headers all day.

Many years ago when I fished Schlatter
lake the locals told me that the state record yellow perch would come from there some day. Guess that ain't so!!

·
Premium Member
2,353 Posts
try tasteie lake, it's just south of no limit lake, n east of nunyourbizness lake or u can try n slide in at lard lake we all know where that is. just trying to make a funny. have a good day.:lol:

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
Many years ago when I fished Schlatter
lake the locals told me that the state record yellow perch would come from there some day. Guess that ain't so!!
We did catch some jumbos.10-12 but no state records.might be some in there.hard to keep small ones off.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts