Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

21 - 40 of 196 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
A small 8 point in Ohio at 30 yds, took me forever to line up the camera and scope second line down for a 30 yd picture. 20 tries later I got it! This same buck walked within 3 yds and let out a really neat grunt in front of my blind window. Fun evening it was
PXL_20201105_214815077.jpg

·
Premium Member
12,758 Posts
I am fond of these two. The first is Bonnie and Casey when they first found my ten point. The second is Bonnie clowning around with her doe from rifle season.
IMG_0783.JPG

IMG_0799.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman

·
Registered
10,622 Posts
From the "Fawn on the Lawn" thread back in June.

This doe was trapped and collared on our property not quite 2 years ago as part of the DNR Deer Movement Study for the Central U.P. She parked her fawn on our lawn right up close to the cabin for 3 days in one week in June. The fawn would be bedded there in the sun when we got up in the morning. As it warmed up it would eventually move 20-25 feet away to the shade under a big Maple tree. Several hours later - usually between Noon and 1 PM the doe would come to retrieve it. She would groom it while the fawn was nursing and then the fawn would stretch its legs running across the lawn some before they headed off to parts unknown.

IMG_0588.jpg

DSC03448.jpg

IMG_0606.jpg

IMG_0612 (1).jpg

IMG_0669 (1).jpg

I am happy to say that this fawn is still alive and well. We have another collared doe around that also had a fawn in June but she lost it early on - most likely to one of the many predators we have around here.

21 - 40 of 196 Posts