Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been using a dot sight made by Leapers/UTG in Livonia, MI for the past 3 season. It is their 6" T-Dot reticle (SCP-TDTDQ item#) which has performed above and beyond my expectations. This year I decided to try something new from them, a mini reflex dot sight. It looks great on the gun and the field of view is awesome. I will be taking it to the range soon to get it zeroed.

Do you like using a optic/dot sight during turkey season? If so, what's your favorite/go to?

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
I switched to a Mueller MX-1 red dot several years ago for my Mossberg 835 and I still have no regrets. Love the sight. And best of all, it holds a zero even after all the punishment the 835 gives it on a long day of patterning.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I switched to a Mueller MX-1 red dot several years ago for my Mossberg 835 and I still have no regrets. Love the sight. And best of all, it holds a zero even after all the punishment the 835 gives it on a long day of patterning.
It looks like the dot size is adjustable on this one? What size dot you do prefer to use?

·
Registered
798 Posts
This:

https://www.bushnell.com/products/r...-multi-reticle-sight-with-4-built-in-options/

I prefer the ring with dot reticle for turkeys, my son prefers the crosshairs. The ability to use green during overcast or early morning hunts is a simple click away and the green is soooo much easier to use when it's a bit darker. Holds zero great, I've been using the same scope for over 10+ years.

The only downside is the POA may change when you switch reticles - so pick the one you want to use and stick with it for the season (it does not change when switching back and forth between red and green, vice versa).

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This:

https://www.bushnell.com/products/r...-multi-reticle-sight-with-4-built-in-options/

I prefer the ring with dot reticle for turkeys, my son prefers the crosshairs. The ability to use green during overcast or early morning hunts is a simple click away and the green is soooo much easier to use when it's a bit darker. Holds zero great, I've been using the same scope for over 10+ years.

The only downside is the POA may change when you switch reticles - so pick the one you want to use and stick with it for the season (it does not change when switching back and forth between red and green, vice versa).
I like the ability to be able to switch between reticle's, that's a pretty sweet feature to have.

·
Registered
945 Posts
I have a burris ff3 with the one red dot that you can adjust the intensity or use auto setting. The thing that is nice is you just put up the gun and if its set up right you don't even see the sight just a red dot out in front that you put on the target and bang. Nice for those times when they come in from the opposite side and you need to switch from righty to lefty.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Used to used a red dot.. busnell trophy. 4 different reticle in green or red. I always feared the battery dieing in the moment of truth. It never did but my OCD was too much to take. So now I use this.... no more batteries it is sturdy and forces me to keep my head down. You can use the circle as a range estimator and the fibre optic is bright.

https://www.deadringerhunting.com/product/beard-buster/

·
Registered
945 Posts
I used to worry about the battery too but now don't give it a second thought. I usually hunt from the end of March until May probably 40 days a year and have the sight on all day never stopped yet. I do put a new battery in at the start of every season though !
The reason I like the reflex sight is you don't have to line up two points like with the one you posted just put the dot on the target and shoot !

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
No optics on a turkey shotgun is needed, keep it simple.

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman
I used to think the same way until I tried a dot sight for the first time. Now I don't think I could switch back to not using them.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.