Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
14,773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hope all of the hunts this weekend are safe and memorable for the youth as well as their mentors.

Look forward to hearing some exciting reports.

Best of success to everyone!

·
Administrator
17,770 Posts
:yeahthat:
Definitely, good luck... be safe.... enjoy the hunt.
My daughter had to drop out on me this year. :sad:
It will be nice to read the success stories around here!
<----<<<

·
Registered
5,058 Posts
Heading out Saturday morning with a "veteran" to film his final youth hunt. He's got 2 year's experience and after taking a couple of one year old bucks his first couple of years, we are focusing on identifying and harvesting a mature deer. Doe or buck won't matter. I hope we actually catch some younger ones (especially bucks) on film, before choosing and taking a nice big bodied deer.

Looks like its suppose to be a fine day weatherwise. I would love to be able to sit more than 20 minutes this year...since that last few years it seemed to be over nearly before it began! Maybe then he won't say "this deer hunting thing is WAY too easy!":corkysm55

·
Premium Member
5,604 Posts
:yeahthat:
Definitely, good luck... be safe.... enjoy the hunt.
My daughter had to drop out on me this year. :sad:
It will be nice to read the success stories around here!
<----<<<

My daughter picked Homecoming over deer hunting:banghead3

·
Registered
993 Posts
I'll be heading up tomorrow after work. My son has his eye on a dandy 8 pointer that we have been seeing all fall. Hope to get it on video.

·
Registered
3,649 Posts
I'll have two youth hunters this year. One is my grandson. I hope get he get's a big one this year. Last year he took a nice doe first light.;)

Myself I'm taking advantage of the veterans hunt and plan to sit in my secret spot and see what strolls by:D

good luck to all and be safe out there....m:D

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
I'm taking out my sister-in-law this year for her last youth hunt. I will be armed with a camera and hopefully her 0-3 record will be 1-3. She has been texting me all week long about her plan of harvest.:woohoo1:

·
Registered
177 Posts
My son is 10 yrs old so we have been shooting bows a lot.I'm as excited for Saturday as I've ever been for any hunt.I probably won't sleep Friday night just like when I was younger before the gun opener.:)

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
My son and i are heading up after work to get ready this is his second year youth hunting.....He will be hunting with jonh ingersol from the michigan youth hunting program.(he entered a essay in there contest and was picked to participate)....so hopefully we will have some pics sunday!
good luck to all and be safe,
tjstebb

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Good luck to all of you. Have a youngster hunting our property this year who is a graduate of our Hunters Safety program. I think I'm as geeked as he is! :lol:

·
Premium Member
31,057 Posts
I'll be hosting a 12 yo boy from St. Johns. He's not a novice to hunting but he is to whitetail hunting. Should be fun and I hope to post a story with pics first of the week.
Be safe out there and take your responsibility as a mentor seriously.

Big T

·
Registered
491 Posts
Yea it should be a lot of fun. I have two of my daughters going again this year. 13 year old is hunting and 9 year old will be in the blind helping her older sister spot a nice buck. Last year she took a doe. When she shot the deer both girls were very excited with high 5ve's all around. It was priceless.

·
Administrator
17,770 Posts

·
Registered
3,950 Posts
I will be sitting with my 12 year old son in our blind and over looking our food plot.. Last night, just before dark, a nice 6-8pt buck came in.. Lets hope he shows up on Saturday or Sunday..

I plan on filming the event

CB

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
Just one more reminder. . .

Meijer's have free junior licenses this week only. The sale was from Sept 21st-27th. There are just a couple requirements:

1. Hunter Safety certificate
2. Sportsman card
3. Between the ages of 10-16 (I think)
4. Must have the coupon from the Meijer flyer

I'll have two younger ones with me this year and I can't wait!

·
Registered
470 Posts
good luck and be safe save some for the rest of us who have to wait till wednesday ;)
EV

·
Registered
2,492 Posts

Meijer's have free junior licenses this week only. The sale was from Sept 21st-27th. There are just a couple requirements:

2. Sportsman card

I'll have two younger ones with me this year and I can't wait![

thats just for small game i think! which is only a $1
my brother and i will be out with my son and step son!

·
Registered
1,683 Posts

2. Sportsman card

I'll have two younger ones with me this year and I can't wait![

thats just for small game i think! which is only a $1
my brother and i will be out with my son and step son!
Nope. . . it is indeed for Deer Hunting licenses. I called to verify all the conditions. The coupon has a $15 face value so they can choose between a Junior Archery only license ($7.50), or get the Junior Combo license ($15.00). I'm getting the combo license for my son tonight.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts