Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
5,640 Posts
I bought a $10 clearance gerber gut hook fixed blade knife about 7 years ago. Since then it has seen double digit gut jobs. The cheap vinyl sheath it came with has since fallen apart but the knife itself is just fine and holds an outstanding edge. I expect, short of losing it, I’ll be using it for many years to come.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,855 Posts
Buck Vanguard

I've been using one of these for close to 30 years. At some point it's going to be my son's hunting knife... or maybe I'll buy him a new one and keep the one I have for a future grandson, when its time for me to pass the torch.

Blade Knife Tool Dagger Natural material

Sent from my XT1585 using Michigan Sportsman mobile app

·
Registered
37,538 Posts

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
Looks or function? I have no idea what kind of knife it was but my dad carried the same pocket knife for as long as I can remember, close to 50 years, 365 days/year. Rattling around in his pocket with keys and change the bone sides wore off so he fashioned new ones out of wood, several times that I know of. He could field dress a deer with that thing as fast or faster than anyone I know and small game cleaned PDQ. That thing was always sharp as a fillet knife because of quick touchups on a regular basis. I sure wish I knew where that priceless old knife was so I could pass it on to the next generation.

To me, memories are what eventually makes a favorite hunting knife. FM

·
Smells like, Victory!
27,940 Posts
You’ll be happy with Rapid River Knife Works. The skinner model works quite well.
They do make nice knives. They ran a knife giveaway on MS several years back. Never won one, but thought it was nice of them, so I decided to support them. Think this was called fin and feather. Has seen a lot of use. My case just edges it out, because there is some sentimental value.

Wood Sunglasses Natural material Tool Material property

·
Registered
12,094 Posts
Looks or function? I have no idea what kind of knife it was but my dad carried the same pocket knife for as long as I can remember, close to 50 years, 365 days/year. Rattling around in his pocket with keys and change the bone sides wore off so he fashioned new ones out of wood, several times that I know of. He could field dress a deer with that thing as fast or faster than anyone I know and small game cleaned PDQ. That thing was always sharp as a fillet knife because of quick touchups on a regular basis. I sure wish I knew where that priceless old knife was so I could pass it on to the next generation.

To me, memories are what eventually makes a favorite hunting knife. FM
I also have carried the same pocket knife for longer then I can remember. It's a little buck knife .

1 - 20 of 88 Posts