Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yup! That's what I'm lookin' for!I want to hear how all of you prepair your catch. Simple or elaborate, let's hear it!

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
A family favorite for walleye, not sure where I heard about it, maybe here. Cedar planked walleye. Soak the cedar plank in white wine (make sure to save enough for a glass to sip on while you cook the walleye and marinade walleye in your favorite seasonings, put on the grill and watch the fish disappear at dinner.

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
Bluegill fillets, an egg, Panko bread crumbs, some hot oil, a couple of buds, and a couple of Budweisers. Throw in some coleslaw, and chips, and there you have it. The best fish fry ever.:) Capnhook PS- Run up Danger Dan on the search and you will find the best smoked fish recipe.

·
Administrator
17,424 Posts
Place a mixtture 1/2 flour + 1/2 Progresso Italian Bread Crumbs and fish filets in a Zip-loc bag and shake until well coated. Pan fry in 3/4 inch of Olive Oil until golden brown, drain and add a touch of garlic and salt.
It don't get no better... :corkysm55
<----<<<

·
Registered
598 Posts
I had a fruit sauce with orange, mango and plantains over snook in Florida. It was absolutely incredible. I've never have had such a dish again. I guess I need to make a trip to the keys to catch a snook and have that restaurant prepare it for me.:)
I like a dish that I took from a chicken receipe called tuxedo chicken. I'll have to look it up and post it. It's phenomenal on Walleye and Halibut.

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
Italian Style Shore Lunch get it at Gander Mountain.

I HIGHLY suggest this breading it is great, mouth water and full of flavor.

Dry the fillets, dip them in egg and then the batter and into the fryer and then pull them out and put salt and pepper on them when they are still hot hot hot.

Here is a good one that I tell everyone to try. I call it BLUE GILL SHRIMP COCKTAIL.

-Boil shrimp until firm and white (5 minutes)

-Fill Large bowl with ice

-Place fresh boiled gills on ice for 10 minutes and serve with a nice cocktail sauce with extra horseradish.

-Dip in sauce and place in mouth then chew and swallow and you will be suprised.

DYNOMITE:corkysm55:corkysm55:corkysm55:corkysm55:bloos::corkysm55

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Kebler Club crackers, flower, alittle garlic salt, paprika, throw it all in a food processor and turn it into a powder. filets (perch or gills) go through milk then into the breading.

Butter and olive oil in hot pan and cook the filets about 2 minutes aside. YUMMMM.

Or with little perch filets, dump em into a pot of boiling water, till they curl then into ice water for an hour. eat em like shirp cocktail with cocktail sauce.

J-

·
catch & digest
3,867 Posts
No matter what dry breadcrumb type recipe you use, get yourselves a "Better Breader" if you make alot of fish. Got one for Christmas a few years ago and love it.

Harry

·
Registered
3,870 Posts
i cant believe no one has said Drakes beer batter. dry coat it first then drop it in the wet batter and deep fry. I plan to have a big fish fry after chirstmas and cant wait to pull out the drakes!

·
Premium Member
177 Posts
Andy's Seasoning, Bake, Broil or fry..Just the right amount
seasoning and breading so you don't hide the fish flavor.
Meijer sells it..

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
i cant believe no one has said Drakes beer batter. dry coat it first then drop it in the wet batter and deep fry. I plan to have a big fish fry after chirstmas and cant wait to pull out the drakes!
Drakes hands down deep fried. :yeahthat:
Yes, dry coat first, then mix drakes with beer, I like to keep the batter thin (runny). After the fish are fried sqeeze with lemmon, then add lemmon pepper and salt.

·
Registered
5,586 Posts
I haven't settled on a name yet, but the only thing that came to mind was pulled pork bbq.

As most recipes, I stumbled across this while trying to cook something else.

I fried my bluegill as usual (new orlean's fish fry), then I put all the cooked fillets in a large bowl. While they were cooking, they bonded in the oil and they came out as one large chunk of deep fried goodness. It was easy to see that I couldn't break them up individually. So...I added some hot sauce and a bunch of Sweet baby ray's bbq sauce. Using a large wooden spoon, I began to mash/mix/stir it up almost into a flakey bbq, deep fried paste and served it on crackers and hambuger buns.

Fantastic!

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
I just shorted my computer keyboard out with DROOL.:yikes::lol: Try some PANKO crumbs once and you'll throw the Drakes away.Capnhook

1 - 20 of 59 Posts