Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sometimes the best way to find a great spot is word of mouth, at least I'm hoping! Looking for a spot in northern mi that has some good swimming and fishing and is family friendly. I've searched long and far and it seems everything is starting to blend together... Family of four, somewhere in the 1000-1200 range for the week, has to have dock for my boat. Any advice Or recommendations would be great.Thanks.

·
Premium Member
10,804 Posts
NELP, on Long Lake just north of Alpena, and this place has all three things you're looking for!

This place is great and there's a nice little restaurant right on the water you can boat up to as well!

Also a great little bait shop (Buck's) on US23 right near the lake too!

http://www.atbrothersbay.com/

·
Registered
104 Posts
My wife and I own and operate a great family resort on Houghton Lake. We have a great swim area, and of course, HL is a terrifict fishing lake. We have 120 feet of dock as well as tie outs for boats. Check out our website, we would love to have your family stay with us!

http://www.wakaiganshores.com

·
Premium Member
10,804 Posts
If HL is your destination then Gonda's place is certainly one to be considered! We have a cottage in the HL area or else I'd be staying there, still hearing lots of good things about it too. :D

·
Premium Member
10,804 Posts
Thanks for the kind words Burksee!
Not at all, long before you bought it that place has always intrigued me and you guy's have taken that place to the next level and then some! Still have to stop in and meet you when we're up that way, I heard from one my neighbors up there the North Shore Lounge has some new owners (*from the marina?) and we have to go over there for a steak and a cold one! :D

BTW - the place on LL I plugged belongs to a guy I used to work with and is a friend. Its a great place too! ;)

·
Registered
104 Posts
Yes, please stop by and see are place! There are new owners at Northshore, Barb and Scott who also own the marina next door. They really done a nice job and the tiki bar is really fun.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Try Otsego Lake in Gaylord Mi. beautiful 6 mile long lake crystal clear water white sand good fishing , golf, great food .

1 - 8 of 8 Posts