Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just want everybodys input on the best bow on the market. Looking to buy one, and know all the equipment that is going to go on it but just need to buy the bow. Was thinking about the TRUTH 2, by bear archery, but don't really know. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
164 Posts
was not to happy with the way the truth 2 shot i think the truth 1 shot alot better the truth 2 had alot of vibration in the hand grip. take a look at the diamond bows there are some good bows. i shot the diamond marquis and its awsome. but the best way to find a good bow is to shoot them all and find which one shoots best for you.

·
Premium Member
4,958 Posts
I like Ford, my buddy likes Chevy:lol:

·
Banned
2,145 Posts
Original Switchback. Nothing compares.
I used to buy a new Mathews every year, and when they came out with the XT it wasnt better, in my opinion. The Drenaline was supposed to be the "best ever", but still wasnt close. Still the smoothest, quietest, most forgiving, shock-proof bow I have ever shot. Oh yeah, its accurate AND fast, also....

·
Registered
7,917 Posts
hoyts are the best...but my buddy told me I was wrong & that bowtechs are the best..then I heard martins were the top shooters...So i guess it all depends what your comfortable shooting that makes it the best bow to you

·
Registered
600 Posts
was not to happy with the way the truth 2 shot i think the truth 1 shot alot better the truth 2 had alot of vibration in the hand grip. take a look at the diamond bows there are some good bows. i shot the diamond marquis and its awsome. but the best way to find a good bow is to shoot them all and find which one shoots best for you.
:yeahthat:I thought the samething myself.

As for what i think is the best bow its got to be the hoyt katera. Nice balance of everything i am looking for in a bow.

I also really like the elite bows. I have the synergy and its fantastic.

·
cold, dead hands ......
6,198 Posts
.... it's been proven over and over. No doubt, and I've confirmed it. Those others are all just fighting for second. I've shot probably 4 or 5 hundred bows and the Mathews bows are without rival. Oh, and BTW, I drive a GMC truck but don't ask me about that!:)

·
Banned
3,432 Posts
hoyts are the best...but my buddy told me I was wrong & that bowtechs are the best..then I heard martins were the top shooters...So i guess it all depends what your comfortable shooting that makes it the best bow to you
I know its going to be hard to believe but I agree 100% with you

It is a personal preference thing, only the shooter can tell what is the best

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
Try them all, and you will figure it out. Only the shooter can decide what is best for them. Most of the bow companies nowadays have some real nice bows.

·
Premium Member
12,980 Posts
Another vote for personal preference. Shoot all the bows you can and hopefully the right one for you will jump out and grab you. I shot the original switchback and had always thought matthews was over priced and over hyped. When I shot the switchback, on a lark it, was the bow foe me.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for all the replys, just wondering where you can go to test bows? I know Gander Mountain, but they are always so busy i don't have enough time in the day to wait around for the 1 person in the hunting dept to help me. Any good stores between Manchester, and Howell. I know Vans bow sales off 23, but that is the only one i know of. Thanks

·
Registered
76 Posts
Try Schupbachs in Jackson. That isn't too far of a drive from you. They carry most of the name brand bows. The people that worked the counter also seemed to have a clue also. Just chatting with them, they had me put on a release and test fire a few bows. It's a good place to try out several bows.

Hope that helps.

Ray

·
Banned
2,145 Posts
No Gander Mts or Bass pros. Go to a real archery store, that only does archery. The staff there will be trained in the model bows they sell, not some kid with a part time job who doesnt know the first thing about properly fitting you and setting up your bow. Your gonna spend some money, who do you trust with it?

·
Registered
3,562 Posts
Pro fish and archery at jefferson and crocker. they carry hoyt, bowtec and other nice bows, bought my hoyt V tec there best bow I ever shot $100 cheaper than anywhere else. heard K D outdoors is a great place too

·
Premium Member
4,483 Posts
^^^^^^

Have driven by there about 100 times and always say "I should stop in and check that place out" every time but I never have. This is the first I have seen it mentioned on this (or any) site. Good to hear that they are a good shop.

I should stop in and check that place out....................

·
Premium Member
17,583 Posts
The best bow on the market is the same bow that is hanging on the end of your bow rope come Oct 1st!
For me, that is Elite right now. For you? Could be any number of brands!

·
Premium Member
2,372 Posts
Darton Bows. I would not make an uneducated claim that they are the best bows on the market, but they are the best bet for me. I can get factory product support right down the road. Also, they have a few very fast bows. I shoot the Pro 3000, and expect that I could compete with any of the top 3 speeds out there.

·
Registered
817 Posts
Buying a bow today is much like buying a new set of golf clubs.... yes golf clubs !!!
I used to golf competitively here in the midwest and the #1 thing in considering a new set of clubs from the pros believe it or not was the way the club looked to your eye at set up on the ground. You have to believe in the mind that the club is right for you.
most of todays bow manufacturers all produce good if not great bows. but you have to place a few in your hand and fire them to get what your eye and mind want. I do not buy all this crap about how this bow or that bow is the greatest. I shoot a Parker bow because I am comfortable and confident in it. put any other bow in my hand and I will shoot equally good with time and tuning.
It is confidence in your equipment and your ability that puts them on the ground. And for you neigh sayers I also shot an old 1955 bear cub longbow that is equally up the the test and puts them down. in "MY" hands this is also the best bow on the market for me.
Bottom line put it in your hands and in todays market you really can't go wrong with anyone you choose as long as you do not have the expectation of just picking it up and using it without dedicated practice. You owe it to the animal to be confident and precise.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts