Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

141 - 160 of 160 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Alaskan lund.. Tiller, all the room in the world and big enough for both.
Anything other then the alaskan in lund I'd look elsewhere. Buddy paid for top of the line tyhee and was junk in 3 years !! Front bow mount for trolling and a transom mount for jigging. Fishing machine. Good luck on search
oh no ! I Bought a 2020 Tyee 1975 , better sell it , Did your buddy forget to tie his down on his trailer ?

·
Registered
12,754 Posts
oh no ! I Bought a 2020 Tyee 1975 , better sell it , Did your buddy forget to tie his down on his trailer ?
Maybe his was a lemon? .... Not sure, no tied down but was fished and fished hard but ya think ya could with a 50,000+$ rig ! Hope yours works out for ya!

·
Registered
185 Posts
It's really hard to have the best of both worlds in one boat. Therefore, I have 2! One 1650 Rebel side console and a 22fter for salmon. Would rather fish walleye solo or with one other person, get the fish limit in a few hours (or better) and head home. An all day trip of walleye or salmon and take the big boat with more people. Call it selfish, but 8 fish a person is a lot and if you have limited time, filling everyone's limit takes a lot of time (at least way more time than 16). I absolutely love my 1650 Rebel w/ 60hp and Ulterra up front (safey first). Both boats are extremely economical to use in any situation, and safe. Most of my fishing is solo, after work during the weeknights, or first thing Saturday. Here's an example of thoughts..for instance, you buy a 35fter for walleye (the best for big waves, best for room), also uses the most fuel, also requires more people to help pay for gas, also involves more time to fill limits...that's great if you want to spend a full day of fishing every time you go out, or else bring home 7 fish and split it between 5 guys and you'll end up having a hard time finding guys to fish with you.

·
Registered
8,620 Posts
It's really hard to have the best of both worlds in one boat. Therefore, I have 2! One 1650 Rebel side console and a 22fter for salmon. Would rather fish walleye solo or with one other person, get the fish limit in a few hours (or better) and head home. An all day trip of walleye or salmon and take the big boat with more people. Call it selfish, but 8 fish a person is a lot and if you have limited time, filling everyone's limit takes a lot of time (at least way more time than 16). I absolutely love my 1650 Rebel w/ 60hp and Ulterra up front (safey first). Both boats are extremely economical to use in any situation, and safe. Most of my fishing is solo, after work during the weeknights, or first thing Saturday. Here's an example of thoughts..for instance, you buy a 35fter for walleye (the best for big waves, best for room), also uses the most fuel, also requires more people to help pay for gas, also involves more time to fill limits...that's great if you want to spend a full day of fishing every time you go out, or else bring home 7 fish and split it between 5 guys and you'll end up having a hard time finding guys to fish with you.
Why stop at 35’ when you can get this 70 footer with a wave piercing bow that will run 51 mph through whatever the Great Lakes will throw at her?

BB9FB294-A4C5-4E8E-9C16-1C33617B5A6E.jpeg

https://robbreport.com/motors/marine/75-foot-yacht-designed-brutal-seas-1234592761/amp/

·
Registered
37 Posts
Big Skip
I had the same wants and needs as yourself when loking for new boat, basically a do all fishing machine.
I bought an Aluma Craft 195 Trophy last year. It has a yamaha 115 4 strokeo on back 36 volt uterra I pilot on the front. This boat is worth looking into. Great for Big Lake Salmon and Lakers, Big motor trolls down below 2mph. I just bought an rpm limit switch that will take it down to only 600 rpm's which puts you right in the Walleye range. The trolling motor does the rest. This a do all boat.
Good luck with your search!

·
Super Moderator
37,518 Posts
It really is hard to have just one boat to cover all the possibilities in this great state. I think 4 is a good compromise.
A 32 for the bluewater. An 18-21 for inshore. A 12-16' for puddle jumping and a canoe or other very shallow draft boat for rivers and marshes.
My wife let's me have the 3 small ones. Wants nothing to do with a fuel guzzling bluewater boat. In fact her favorite isnt our deep vee Ranger, but a 14' modified vee Lund SSV tiller.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Michigan Sportsman mobile app

·
Registered
3,128 Posts
I dont think anyone will disagree with the ideal situation being having different boats for different types of fishing but when it comes down to skips journey on finding "the best all around boat" I think he hit the nail on the head with this one.
He now has a boat that he and his family will enjoy for a long time. Full windshield to keep him and his mates dry in the cold weather and bigger waves, big and deep enough to feel safe on the big ponds and small enough to take the family on inland lakes to enjoy the summer days, plus not only economic to run but economic to tow all across the state.
When it comes to big water in my opinion, it doesnt matter if I use my 17ft deep v or go out in my dads 28ft cabin cruiser we still pick our days. If the weather is bad enough to where I would be uncomfortable in my 17ft we most likely wouldn't be fishing in the 28ft either, even though it may be more comfortable it's still not fun.
Enjoy the journey skip, and get ready because spending money on the small stuff never ends lol

·
Registered
4,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #156
Thanks Todd, you described exactly what I was going after. Looking forward to taking ya out and swapping knowledge

Sent from my SM-A205U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
138 Posts
Purchased my fishing machine this past December! 2 garmins, one with pan optix/livescope! 200 honda 9.9 honda kicker, garmin 36v brushless trolling motor. All trax tech with trax tech downriggers! To Frank's this weekend for the rest of my deep water tackle! (Wire diver rods, leadcore, copper)!
Screenshot_20201128-115224_Facebook.jpg

Sent from my SM-N981U using Michigan Sportsman mobile app

141 - 160 of 160 Posts