Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
680 Posts
I was there Mon. morning. It's higher than it was a week ago, but still pretty low. Saw 2 14-15ft. flat bottom boats. Talked to a DNR guy up at the parking lot when I was leaving, he said people in the boats have been doing pretty well, but not alot of action from the waders.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Yep still very low and fishing slow, and now it will be very white with all of Lake effect snow being dumped, here are two pictures from a week ago just below the dam, when the CFS was about the same under 2000 cfs. No guide boats up above the M 31 bridge, too shallow for anything but a flat bottom,
john boat.

Be careful driving and have a great holiday.

Looks like a warm up is coming early next week could be good with that snow melt don't you think ?

;) :D

BG

·
Registered
2,705 Posts
Nice pics BG...hope to see you down there again this year!

Tight Lines :fish:

EDIT...I'll bring you some spawn! :lol:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the info. I've been wade fishing the dam area 25 years and this last four or five years have been bad at least for me. What is up with the water level? For the longest time it was because they were working on the dam. Is it kept low for a reason or is it just the amount of rainfall?

·
Registered
507 Posts
Live2fishdjs (Darrin)

I will be looking for you with all of the low water and hot weather this summer and road construction I did not fish it from June to October, sons football and smallmouth river fishing out here kept me to busy.

Go Irish, was at the Navy game with my son two weeks ago, a great day for the Irish on a beautiful South Bend autumn day.

Here is the new spey rod on the Joe last week, look for the guy with the green spey rod and Gray hat !

Have a great holiday and hold the spawn ! Live by the fly die by the fly.

:lol: ;)

BG

·
Registered
2,705 Posts
Small world I was at the Navy game as well! Wish I could attend the Fiesta or Orange (wherever the Irish end up first part of January).

You didn't miss a whole lot in the river this summer, but I bet you could have hooked some chrome on the spey off the pier.

Hope football went well this fall for you and your son.

I'll look for you down there...maybe I'll go back to fishing flies that day w/ you.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Darrin

Here are the pictures I took at the ND vs Navy game. First ND game for my son with all of this youth and HS football the last 10 years going well into November we could never get him to an ND game but could this year since his team lost early in the playoffs (bummer). We got there early went to the Basilica where the team has the pre game prayer service and then saw them up close on the walk to the stadium Got some good pictures below. Neither my son or I are in them though. LOL Hit the slide show link and enjoy. Go Irish !

http://community.webshots.com/album/503380818UchNbs

We both got to shake Brady Quinn's hand and wish him luck.

Hope to be out on the river next week when it warms up a little and the flows get a little higher.

Have a good holiday

:D

·
Registered
2,705 Posts
Thanks for the link BG...those pics are great!

That my fellow MS members is why ND is and always will be the greatest college football team ever...the history and atmosphere. GO IRISH

See you on the water Black Ghost.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Same to you, have a friend that is a retired Big Ten football official, who was all over in his officiating years, did a Rose Bowl etc.

Says ND game day atmosphere and tradition is # 1 in his book.

Go Irish and see you on the river !

Cheers

BG

1 - 14 of 14 Posts