Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
I have the AL391 - just the latest model of the 390. I like it alot. I use it mostly for shooting sporting clays. I've never had a problem with the shells jamming, there's little recoil, it's fairly light, and the 391 (I'm not sure about the 390) has an adjustable stock - making fitting the gun quite easy.

Jill

·
Registered
481 Posts
I have been hunting with a 390 for the last 3 years. I have been more than happy with the gun.

I only had a problem once with some Winchester 3" steel shells. It was a VERY cold duck day and I thik that my lubricant just became too cold and actually hindered the action.

I like the feel of my 390 better than the 391. I just like the thicker forearm I think. (Probably just what you are expecting to feel as I shoot a Beretta 20 as well with a very slim Schnabel forearm.)

I do think I would enoy being able to shoot 3-1/2" shells as well. I have watched my partner clean up some wounded birds with his Winchester X2 that were out of range for me. On the other hand, he shouldn't be cleaning up my birds!

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Field and Streams 6 member panel rated the 391 very highly, said it is destined to be among the greatest autoloaders of all time.

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
the Gander Mountain store in Flint has several of the 390's on clearance. The barrels are 24 and 26 inches. I think there like 550 and they will take an extra 50 off.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for all of the replies. I have had my eye on this one at Walmart for $529. I just have not been able to talk myself(I mean my wife) into purchasing it yet.

·
Registered
284 Posts
bass, I have one and its a real sweetheart you won't be sorry it handles great the semi humpback puts you right there every time,I love it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts