Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
I have the small minnows used for ice fishing and they smell like rotten -----! The smell is so nasty that I will not use them anymore. Not that I caught any fish with them anyway. I have had terrible luck with gulp.
sslopok

·
Registered
164 Posts
Got a few lake trout in Port Austin harbor, Caseville and broken rocks through the ice. Used the 3 inch smelt black and white on a gold pearl do jigger. Never got a walleye but i don't try much. They do stink and the juice in the bag will freeze if left out. Would rather have a big minnow but cant get them in Port Austin so I always got GULP if i need it.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
They work on walleye . last year got a hawg with a gulp 3 inch minnow . They dont do the trick always but they do work . and yes the juice stinks to holy heck and hard to wash of your hands .

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
only time they have ever worked for me while walleye fishing is while trolling during the summer. I've tried using it multiple times through the ice, and notta

But i have had luck with them for other species, like lakers and bass... But when it comes to walleye, real minners work better than anything else, in my opinion

1 - 5 of 5 Posts