Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
724 Posts
Your local sporting good store, or mail order house, will have their chokes identified by mfg type. Go in and ask to see Berreta 12 gauge chokes. They should have plenty.

Different gunmakers have different configurations regarding the location of threads, tube wrench slots, etc. For example: You can't put a Ruger choke into a stock Berreta/Franchi/Stoeger. You should be able to use any "Berreta type" choke into the same gauge of recent Berreta family shotgun.

·
Registered
7,774 Posts
Not quite that simple. You need to know if it taks Optima or Mobile chokes. I'd guess Mobile, since the Optima's are for their higher end guns.

·
Registered
937 Posts
I can interchange choke tubes between my Beretta O/U and my Benelli auto. I don't know think that answers you question though.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
TSS Caddis said:
Not quite that simple. You need to know if it taks Optima or Mobile chokes. I'd guess Mobile, since the Optima's are for their higher end guns.
CRAP! So you talked me into buying a lower end gun... :rant:

·
Registered
7,774 Posts
Hey, the Mobile chokes in my Benelli work just fine. The longer Optima's are for people that need to compensate for something :lol:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts