Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody fish the Benzie Frenzie this past weekend or know the results? I think I'll be fishing out of Frankfort Tuesday through Thursday and some of the previous Frankfort posts were not encouraging. I've heard the fish in Manistee have gone back deep (100 ft Sunday morning) but a couple days of North winds may change things again.

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
Hey bob,all i heard was the womans results..62 pds won,as for the mens i dont know if they even got out?? good luck this week let us know how u do there..i will be fishing fri thu tuesdayover the big weekend,i will post my results when i get back in town Thanks Mark

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Not certain the info on that link is right, some of it maybe, but as far as full results are concerned the frenzie was only a one day tourny after they cancelled saturday's fishing due to weather, and if you look at the full results it's for 2 days. Could be last years?????

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
I grew up fishing Frankfort & have a cabin in Copemish, back when the fishing was good in the 80's the weigh ins were scary sick lbs! Fish averaged in the 20 + lbs. I got my 32 lb'er just out of the Harbor, sure wish it was like that again!

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Due to some boat issues, our team missed the first hour of fishing on Sunday morning. We ended with 4, I think. Just by looking at the weights for most contestants, we only needed one or two more fish to be in the money. Our average was more than just about everyone else. So we finished 28th in the am division. We stuck around for a bit at the weigh in, and it was evident we were not getting anything. A little bit of time went by and my BIL received a call from the Frankfort chamber. Apparently, we had taken the 7th biggest king of the tourny, which in turn paid us $150. 1st time out of Frankfort, and I do believe that next August I will have my boat there, it appears to have the chance for some great fishing.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts