Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My SBEII has jambed up every since I took it out of the box! Didn't matter what shells I shot.
I took the gun back to Williams and they sent it to Benelli for me.
That was 3 months ago. So I started asking Williams whats going on and they contacted Benelli . Benelli says that they sent the gun back already. Williams checks there records again ..... No SBEII in my name on serial number?
So after a few calls from Williams and I , Its found that Benelli sent my repaired gun to another gun dealer in Massachusetts!!!
I took it upon my self to call the Massachusetts gun shop and they have no record of my gun being shipped , bought . or sold out of there gun shop.
SO Benelli is tracking there shipments!
I have been told by Williams and Benelli that if my gun is not found that they will be giving me a brand new SBEII!!!!
I really don't know what to think?!

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
The lost gun could be God's Way of rewarding you! Maybe you can barter for an EXTREMA then it would almost fell like being in Heaven!

·
Registered
383 Posts
Could be a good thing. But that really does suck...Im gonna say I would be extremely pissed off.

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
Sounds like a blessing in disguise.I would'nt want that gun back in the first place if it was junk out of the box.You will be better off if they send you a new one. And like the other poster said maybe you can work out an upgrade for your Pain and suffering:D.

·
Registered
892 Posts

·
Registered
908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I never tried 2 3/4" shells, It would fail with 3" Remmington Nitro Mag #2's lead, and All Major brands of 3.5" steal shot shells!
I hope that I get what ever gun soon! I need to get out and pattern the gun before the 1st!
As for a Beretta Extrema............ That gun is a TANK! I shot my friends for a week while duck season... Didnt like it! To big!
I didnt shoot a Extrema II is there any differance ?

·
Registered
909 Posts
Have other people had a problem with SBE jamming ?

Never ever. Slugs to #1 Buck. Rain, snow or summer sun.

I would be shocked if it ever failed to feed or fire.

·
Registered
908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Mine is always a fail to feed....They would always jam up as the shell would feed from the mag to the barrel. Sometimes to the point that I would have to pry on the shell to remove!

·
Registered
639 Posts
The lost gun could be God's Way of rewarding you! Maybe you can barter for an EXTREMA then it would almost fell like being in Heaven!
Why would Benelli send someone a Beretta? I know that Beretta owns Benelli but they operate as two separate companies.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Extrema 2 is thin and much lighter than the orginal Extrema. The Extrema 2 is the lightest recoiling shotgun that will handle any load from target to 3 and 1/2's. Best Waterfowl Gun Period!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
583 Posts
Extrema 2 is thin and much lighter than the orginal Extrema. The Extrema 2 is the lightest recoiling shotgun that will handle any load from target to 3 and 1/2's. Best Waterfowl Gun Period!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I don't own either but I am guessing you will get quite a few guys that will say the SBEII is the best gun ever for waterfowling.

I've got a friend who bought the extrema 2 and had nothing but problems and exchanged it for the SBEII and he is very happy now.

·
Registered
908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well, Benelli found my gun! It was given to a DU chapter in Massachusetts. No I have to wait for the DU chapter to sent it back . Then Benelli will recheck over the gun and send back to Williams. I'm sure that I will not have it for the goose opener:dizzy:

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
Sucks big time to say the least! Sometimes the only way to get things done with a big company is to harass them until they get off the stick. I would call and Email them everyday of the week and just nag them to death until I had the gun in my hands. I would also keep going up the food chain from person to person until you get the right person to act.
Good luck

My 2 cents worth: Never had a problem with Remington and Winchester

·
Registered
908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well , Benelli sent my gun back! I picked it up from Williams today. I'm still PI$$ED at Benelli. They told me that they were going to send me some free stuff like a hat and some decals for all the problems that I had to go through.
Well they didn't. As well they didn't even send anything back saying what was replaced or what they serviced! I still do not even know what the problem was with the gun.
I will have to go out soon and try it out on some geese to see if the jamming problem was resolved or not? I hope so!

·
Registered
86 Posts
My uncle had probs with his like you. He bought a benelli M1 20 gauge for rabbit hunting. It was junk right out of the box. He took it back to the store and after waiting on benelli for so long they just gave him another brand new one. Well that one wouldnt shoot 2 shells in a row either without jamming. He tried all types of different loads in too, high and low brass. On some other forums some people have said that the inertia spring or something comes packed with some nasty grease. Hes gonna give it another whirl this season and see what happens. My 11-87 has not failed on me once, oh man does he get pissed carrying around that $1000 jammer and im shooting all day long with no probs.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts