Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last 3 hunts last year I noticed when I would put the bead on the bird I would shoot and hit or cripple the bird above and to the left of the bird I was actually aiming at. I figured the barrel had gotten bent slightly or tweeked. Mostly because a few times we packed gear in the truck tight some times with the guns in the middle of the pile.

Last week I patterened my gun. Sure enough the gun was shooting high 10" and to the left about 3" at 25 yds. I took the barrel off my buddies gun and shot it and it was dead on and covered the target at the same range.

I called benelli customer service and talked to them about sending my barrel in to them to have it repaired. One of the benelli master gunsmiths told me he had seen some of the choke tubes go bad after shooting alot of steel shot. I was asked to replace the choke tube before I sent the barrel in to be repaired.

Sure enough it was a bad choke tube in my gun. Put in another tube in the gun and it was right on the money.

Customer service from Benelli was excellant.

Kev

·
Registered
892 Posts
Now I guess I can consider all of those aftermarket chokes I've got, justifiable purchases finally.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Yep that just sealed the deal... Time for an aftermarket tube.... "But honey look they go bad, I gotta have one"...

·
Registered
2,813 Posts
Sure enough it was a bad choke tube in my gun. Put in another tube in the gun and it was right on the money.

Customer service from Benelli was excellant.

Kev
now 2 questions beg to be asked.
1. are you shooting a sbe or a sbe ll ?
2. are you shooting stock chokes that got shot out or after markets ?
and then one more ? if they are after market who's are they and what choke size.
i just bought a sbe ll for xmass and this would be good solid information in future purchases of chokes. also it would help all the other duck and goose hunters on this and other sites.

·
Registered
908 Posts
Im soooooooooooooooooooooo PoEd at Benelli!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I sent my SBEII back for work for the 2nd time!!! This time they sent the gun back......... TO Some gun shop in Massachusetts!!!! My gun is lost, For over a month now!!! and On Monday I will be asking for a new SBEII!!!!!!
Sorry my rant is over!

·
Registered
10,942 Posts
Good for you glad to hear it. I have heard on numerous turkey forums whereas benelli POI was off up to 18 inches. When customers complained Benelli told them that was within their standards. Its good to see someone get good CS.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Man Kev, Im glad you got that figured out. I had to send my Mossberg barrel in last week. It seems i was shooting soooo much, the heat from shooting your limit for you fused my choke tube in the barrel:yikes:. Now that your gun is fixed i wont have to shoot half as much.:lol: But on the serious side I know that mossturds are no benelli but they told me that they would just send me a new barrel and choke tube for free. They have great customer service. I also told them if theres any charge for shipping just to contact kevlar since i feel its fault the choke was stuck in the first place.;)

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Charlie,

I figured your about 4789 geese behind me I would let you catch up a few days. :lol:

KEv

·
Registered
584 Posts
Charlie,

I figured your about 4789 geese behind me I would let you catch up a few days. :lol:

KEv
Thats why your my boy, your unselfish nature. I have a feeling we're gonna fill the freezer this year. Im so pumped i cant even sleep at night. Where did you come up the number 4789, I know you have been waterfowling about 18 years, lets say 100 geese a year that 1800. Man, looks like you have had some great seasons to get over 4000.:smile-mad

·
Registered
4,478 Posts
Well, it was nice for someone to admit the choke tubes wear out, I hope they send another one for FREE. . . .as far as sending guns in for repair at Beretta USA or getting parts(Benelli being a part), they suck in my experiences with them.

·
Banned
909 Posts
you guys gotta love those chef boy ar dee wanna bees that make them benellis, what else would we do with all the worlds burnt out pizza pans. they don't call em spaghetti benders for no reason kev.
I'll take my cheap, straight shooting charles daly or mouseburgs anyday.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts