Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
10,812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just tested a new Ben Pearson bow and was very impressed with it and am considering getting one for hunting this fall. Does anybody have any words of wisdom on this manufacture's products to pass along?

·
Registered
42 Posts
2 years ago, I purchased the Pearson "Anaconda" and absolutely love it. It is a very light bow, and also very quiet. The 30 degree angled handle (ergometric - spelling?) really makes a big difference in that I have not hit my forearm with the string while shooting once. My brother used to shoot a Pearson quite a few years ago, and he never had any issues with his.
In my opinion, I think they put out a great product, and would recommend it.

10,812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have been shooting Golden Eagle bows for many years and really fell in love with their Natural Grip. Now that Golden Eagle is history, I need to get something else though. I have very large arms, and have always had problems with string slap using a straight grip, especially when wearing hunting cloths. The 20-degree slant of some of Ben Pearson's bows really felt good to me when I messed with them at the range yesterday. The slanted grip rotates your forearm away from the string nicely. They also seemed to be the quietest (with no silencing) of all the brands I tried.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Did I mention very smooth also. Extremely smooth on the draw and release, not jerky at all. They are the quietest bows I have shot. I'm sure you'd be used to the grip already too, since you have shot this style previously. It actually took me a little bit to get used to, but man, what a difference from the Xi I used to shoot.

·
Registered
133 Posts
TS, can't go wrong with the Anaconda, I've checked my brother's (brown trout) out and it appears to be a very quiet, smooth bow. In fact if they would have had the newer models out about 6 years ago, I would still be shooting one today instead of Mathews. I still use an old renegade for a backup bow that I purchased new 15 years ago and I never had a problem with it. In my opinion, you really can't go wrong with Pearson, and that riser design appears to be a good one.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
I liek the grip as well. My only concern with the anfled grip is that it could be used as a crutch for bad shooting form. If you shoot poorly with my bow....you bleed. Just an outsider observation. Other than tat they looked great when I shot them last year. Wish they had some dual cam options. The only one they had last year was the raptor with a 6" brace:( Screamin fast though

1 - 6 of 6 Posts