Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I may head out tomorrow but not 100% sure. I think im going to try for some crappie but if we cant get them to go may try for some walleye. I've never fished belleville for eyes. Any tips for early in the season like this???

·
Registered
270 Posts
Never had any luck in Belleville for walleye, but I did have luck with the bass and even some moderate sized Muskies. Don't take my word for it though; I never liked fishing Belleville. It's way too crowded for how narrow it is. Scary. I never put the time in there.
I used to kill the Walleyes on Ford Lake though. Under I-94 bridge and near the dam...you can shorefish even.
The waters below the dam at Belleville has some decent fishing as well. Expect to catch walleye, smallies, muskies, and esp. channel cats.

·
Registered
5,205 Posts
ryguy let me know how you do on the slabs they should be biting or they might be on the tail end of the spawn on the big ones there.
good luck (good job on the eyes in erie bro)

·
Registered
3,870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I didn't get out of bed until 11 today and then i spent the majority of my time studying for a math final i have tomorrow. There is always next weekend.

·
Registered
5,205 Posts
good thing is your almost done for the summer on school! Whats your radio handle? im sure i might bump into you on erie this year:bouncy:

·
Registered
3,870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have 3 more days and im done. I never use the radio out there.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Try jigging where the river enters the lake at rawsonville road. And up the river is good too. Lot of guys troll the river with shallow running baits. I drift crawlers. But sorry wont tell you my best spot. They are usually thick before the season starts. Then thin out pretty good.

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
So how'd it go? The weekend is looking thin for fishing time but I still want to get out and Ford and Belleville are my closer lakes.

I'm wondering if it's too early to drag crawler harnesses... Do I revert to using my wonderful DTR jigging techniques...

·
Registered
628 Posts
Went yesterday to hopefully get some slabs with wife and daughter. Was out from 5-7:30pm and only one nice gill. Kind of looked like a hybrid or something, had the blue face and pinkish side. Don't refer to me though if they're biting or not, I'm still just learning this lake! I should be out there often enough so if you see a camo War Eagle with a 105 jet (loud) give a shout or stop and ask for a report! I'm not going to give up too easy till I get them. One more thing has anyone any clue why there's so many dead fish in this lake, I seen at least 6 species. Hope it's not VHS!

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
I've never really fished Belleville, but I have seen some guys taking 'eye up river a bit. My problenm with Belleville is that in another 20 minutes, I can be on Erie!

Jim

·
Registered
285 Posts
I was at Belleville yesterday afternoon shorefishing. It was very windy, muddy, and slow. I only managed 2 little smallmouths on a shallow bomber crank.

I noticed a ton of dead fish everywhere as well. I thought it was very strange. Many dead gills and specks, and a few dead bass and carp.

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
We had an outing on Ford like that last year. It was a little later, like July and then it was mainly just crappie/perch/white bass kinda fish.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts