Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody ever ice fish around the docks or around the rocks at Sandys Marina? I know out towards the middle of the lake there is a little current so the ice can be iffy but the water all around the shore line drops off real quick and is deep twenty feet off shore. I caught some walleye, gills, and crappies late in the fall (November) right off the shore, also catch some decent fish right at ice off in the spring. Just looking for a change of pace clouse to home. I have done very poor at ford lake so far this year, think I will try Sandys over the weekend.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Friends and I have ice fished there a few times with no luck....been all over the dock area...saw lots of old holes in the ice, but zip zero nada...yes it is very deep very quick...if you go, please give an update...thnx.

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
Put a Vex to work there and find out what level the fish are holding, they should be some there...That's a Vex lake if I have ever seen one...

·
Registered
918 Posts
Saw some real thin ice so I opted out. Someone else had walked out and drilled a hole and went right back to the launch. Glad I didn't waste my time getting everything out of my truck.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
41 Posts
I fished sandy's 2 weeks ago. 9 inces of ice. I drilled holes at the end of all docks on the east side. also put holes out front of the docks and down the shoreline of the rocks. used my vex, nothing was home! I met a couple other guys while out there. Nothing. It was at night and we were hoping for some crappie action. will try again maybe next week.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts