Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone fishing bellaire chain thats doing any good. I am coming up to visit family this weekend and am hoping to get out. No specific species.....whatever is biting. Thanks.

·
Registered
5,812 Posts
They're getting perch out of Clam, I know that. But I wouldn't get too excited, I was not told how big these perch are and I have been out there many times catching perch all day long, non-stop, not one of which was more than 3 inches long, no matter where you went.

There's probably a few walleye coming in at night in the north arm of Bellaire and both a few walleye and a few bluegills at the south of Intermediate, watch the ice on Bellaire, we have lots of snow, and the ice is iffy on the bigger lakes.

The smaller lakes upstream probably have safer ice, what they're going up there I don't know, but Wilson and Ellsworth are usually worth the trip for a few perch and bluegill.

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am very familure with the area and the effects of snow..... I don't have a sled or quad so close access is a premium. Clam always seems to have hammer handles and small perch. I have not fished 6 mile or the upper lakes through the ice, but it may be worth the venture. Thanks for the update Linda. How much ice on your lake?

·
Registered
7,917 Posts
Got skunked on bellaire last sunday. Lots of snow on top of lots slush on top of not as mcuh ice as I expected Watched a quad have a very hard time getting out

·
Registered
799 Posts
BE CAREFUL on Clam. The ice is not great. Lots of snow and slush, only about 4" of good ice. Foot traffic is fine. I would not take a sled or ATV out there. I know its been cold, but that lake is a little different especially with the snow cover.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Was on lake Bellaire Friday night marked some fish, but didn't bring anything home. The night before we got two 17 inch eyes. The ice is good, but has a lot of slush on top.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts