Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had over 8 doe in a plot last night. Siting in my popup a big girl comes in front of my window. I shoot the dang arrow right through the sidewall just under the window with my compound, nice! The deer take a few bounds and i reload. She came back to sniff the arrow and i drilled her that time. Short trail and drag. Cut her up and put in fridge.
Sent from my SCH-S720C using Ohub Campfire mobile app

Attachments

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Good job, I like the fridge set up

Sent from my SCH-I405 using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Registered
249 Posts
well done, congrats on the kill. It looks like the tenderloins didnt make it to the fridge

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
nice work . The first time I tried to practice out of my blind, i hit the side wall. Scared the crap out of me!. glad I was aiming at a block, but good for you she did not bolt out of your area. Congrats, I like the fridge also.Question. We like to hang our deer for as long as weather permits, with skin on. How long will you let it hang in fridge?

·
Premium Member
16,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
nice work . The first time I tried to practice out of my blind, i hit the side wall. Scared the crap out of me!. glad I was aiming at a block, but good for you she did not bolt out of your area. Congrats, I like the fridge also.Question. We like to hang our deer for as long as weather permits, with skin on. How long will you let it hang in fridge?
I have gone as long as 2 weeks. Usually a week. I let it glaze over to a deep reddish brown and then fillet the hardened crust off. Very tender.The nice thing about it is i can do a quarter at my leisure.
Pretty simple to rig up. Remove the racks and scew a metal bracket into sidwalls and screw in a closet rod. After each deer wipe down with bleach water. I keep a magnetic thermometer in it and dial it down to 35-40 degree f. A friend gave me the fridge. It stores beer in summer and meat in fall.

·
Registered
3,143 Posts
In weather like this, it is imperative to get the meat cooled quickly. Leaving skin on isn't an option unless you've got a walkin cooler. In 40 degrees you can age for weeks.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Premium Member
5,602 Posts
Nice job BB. It's nice to take the pressure off early.

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
Way to get it done!! I hope to be out this weekend a little and maybe get a chance at a doe.

My area could use a few removed as I saw 8 older does in my front field at one time one evening last week. Removing one won't hurt! :idea:

·
Premium Member
16,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Way to get it done!! I hope to be out this weekend a little and maybe get a chance at a doe.

My area could use a few removed as I saw 8 older does in my front field at one time one evening last week. Removing one won't hurt! :idea:
I wish i had some doe tags i could take a few more out in other areas. I used my regular combo tag on this one.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts