Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
18,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I feel honored to have been able to share the season with all you fine people. All the LFTS threads have been awesome. To be able to see all of your successes, to see the smiles on all the faces young and old and to see all of the fine deer taken. Each of your stories have been great reads. The LFTS threads have become a part of the season that let's us all share in the same deer camp.
I wish you all a great year and I'm looking forward to next season when we can all join in again. Only 9 months to go! :)

·
Registered
298 Posts
I feel honored to have been able to share the season with all you fine people. All the LFTS threads have been awesome. To be able to see all of your successes, to see the smiles on all the faces young and old and to see all of the fine deer taken. Each of your stories have been great reads. The LFTS threads have become a part of the season that let's us all share in the same deer camp.
I wish you all a great year and I'm looking forward to next season when we can all join in again. Only 9 months to go! :)
Right back at ya OGB. I have totally enjoyed the interaction on this forum. You have a big fan club... The amount of time you spend in the stand is awesome, along with the knowledge you pass along to this group.. happy New year everyone.

·
Registered
4,401 Posts
Y
Yes it is a great tradition that is fun keeping track of and sharing everyone's quest in the Michigan deer woods!

·
Registered
2,777 Posts
Thanks OGB- I really am going to miss the daily threads. This was the first year in a long time that I didn’t take a deer with my bow but it wasn’t for a lack of effort. I’m ok with that though as it gave me reason to hunt hard right thru late season. It also gave me the incentive to fill a doe tag with my 30-30, the first gun I ever got, Christmas of ‘84, and is only the 3rd. deer I’ve ever shot with it. I have to admit, I really enjoyed that hunt and I’m sure it would never have happened had I shot a deer with my bow in the early archery season. I’m already planning new stand locations and new properties to hunt next season. I passed on several decent bucks this season and I can’t wait to see if any of them are around again next fall. I have a couple stands I’m going to refurbish this winter and a few more racks I need to mount on plaques. It won’t be long and I’ll be combing the woods for sheds, my 2nd. favorite thing to do next to Bowhunting.
I’ve made a lot of friends on the LFTS threads and I’m hoping to actually meet them in person one day over a beer or a fishing trip. There’s a lot of great folks that participate in the LFTS threads, and like you said OGB, it’s like our very own virtual deer camp. I too have enjoyed sharing my season with you all and I’ll be counting down the days until next Oct. 1st. Happy New Year and we’ll see you all back at camp next fall.

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
I love the lfts really helped me not being able to hunt much.I spent so much time looking at them.aSuch a great group .I feel like I know everyone.And you I was amazed how you went every morning and night only missing two days for your wife’s medical problem.Five years ago I though I put lot of time in but nothing like you.I hope everyone has a good year and back in fall.It’s will be hard with no lifts but before we know it will be turkey time I will try to sit every day just to call and watch.I got over 30 so don’t care about killing

·
Registered
374 Posts
Lfts is like a live deer report.
I believe deer movement and feeding time has a lot to do with weather, barometric pressure etc.
I do many dark to dark hunts. During gun hunting when I'm in my stand and things are quiet mid day, then you start to here the first scattered shots of the afternoon or evening I think to myself, "they're starting to move". Pretty soon you start to see deer. You can't do that bowhunting. But you can with the Lfts thread.
It's like a live scouting report.
I really enjoyed it.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
I really became hooked on the LFTS this year, going to miss it. Most especially helped me break up the day, reading the successes, enthusiasm, joy of our favorite sport and I really enjoyed the pictures. Next season will be different for me, I'm retiring in June and I plan on hitting it a lot harder in the years to come.

Thank you gentlemen!!!

·
Premium Member
2,297 Posts
Was a odd season for me, I was off of work from October 30th until November 16th and sat a lot of all day sits and came up empty handed. My last bow hunt was a all day sit in miserable conditions on November 11th, Had a chance at a heavy beamed 8pt right at the end of shooting light. Had him at 25 yards quartering away and came to full draw but couldn’t get him to stop for the shot. Gun season is just gun season to me but had a great hunt with young Flight on December 11th, we seen 41 deer that night with 14 of them being bucks. Young Flight passed on 7 bucks and shot a massive doe, then life happened December 20th and my season ended. The LFTS threads helped me get threw a tough time and allowed me to hunt threw you guys. I had a couple members reach out to me threw pm’s and OGB was one of them, he doesn’t know me and still offered a helping hand if there was anything I needed. Dave you are a class act and one of a kind and for that I thank you.
Flight

·
Registered
18,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Right back at ya OGB! I really enjoy reading through your posts and admire your dedication and perseverance!

Somehow I missed your buck post...can you share some pictures of your success from this past season?

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman
Sorry I don't have great pics but here's what I got this year. Guess it was my year for does.
20141012_182727.jpg
20201116_175747.jpg
20201104_181041.jpg
20201210_094441.jpg
20201124_201051.jpg

·
Administrator
17,418 Posts
No doubt! Always a pleasure to read and be a part of the LFTS.
Congrats to all!
<----<<<

·
Registered
5,235 Posts
For me LFTS is the best part of MS. & Even though this deer season was an absolute $#!+ $π•~ of year for me personally, and my time in the stand was severely limited by work, school, & jackass's. It was always the 1 thread I checked every day & I looked forward to reading when I couldn't be out there with you all.
Pretty Work boy's and girl's Pretty Work!
& Dave they ought to name a damn trophy after you as much time as you spend in the woods.
And the OGB IRONMAN award goes to....

·
Registered
18,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Was a odd season for me, I was off of work from October 30th until November 16th and sat a lot of all day sits and came up empty handed. My last bow hunt was a all day sit in miserable conditions on November 11th, Had a chance at a heavy beamed 8pt right at the end of shooting light. Had him at 25 yards quartering away and came to full draw but couldn’t get him to stop for the shot. Gun season is just gun season to me but had a great hunt with young Flight on December 11th, we seen 41 deer that night with 14 of them being bucks. Young Flight passed on 7 bucks and shot a massive doe, then life happened December 20th and my season ended. The LFTS threads helped me get threw a tough time and allowed me to hunt threw you guys. I had a couple members reach out to me threw pm’s and OGB was one of them, he doesn’t know me and still offered a helping hand if there was anything I needed. Dave you are a class act and one of a kind and for that I thank you.
Flight
Thanks for the kind words. I have really enjoyed reading the post of you and your families hunts. Sorry that your season was cut short but very happy to know that you have next season to look forward to. Enjoy your new year!

1 - 20 of 63 Posts