Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,870 Posts
How big is that area? I'm not an expert, but I think it looks pretty good.

·
Registered
2,382 Posts
It looks good but you might want to girdle or bring down some of those big trees because they will eventually weaken the growth of the beds you just built.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
There is a big hole to the southwest for sun. Think i should still take them. They are to the east southeast.

·
Registered
10,622 Posts
Looking good Farming Sand.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

Hinge cut area in middle of u shaped plot. Abandoned blind in background. Deer are hammering the buds since i dropped these.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

Hinged and tied down screening. I walk in about 30 yards north of this. Need to plant some conifers to go with this long term. Hopefully most of it lives and send shoots out all over.

·
Banned
12,721 Posts

Hinged and tied down screening. I walk in about 30 yards north of this. Need to plant some conifers to go with this long term. Hopefully most of it lives and send shoots out all over.

Is this pic screening?

I would cut lower for screening to deter bedding and I would cut more aggressive.

It kind of looks like the pic was taken on a field edge...... You ever consider edge feathering?
Of course I don't know your plan so maybe I'm way off base.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Is this pic screening?

I would cut lower for screening to deter bedding and I would cut more aggressive.

It kind of looks like the pic was taken on a field edge...... You ever consider edge feathering?
Of course I don't know your plan so maybe I'm way off base.
This picture is deceiving. The cuts look higher than they are. The far left is actually an entrance and exit point. It is a bunch of 1 to 3 inch red oaks. I left a few on the edge of the plot to provide licking branches. Maybe i better take another look at it.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Blind is at least 75 yards away. I can get in it without being spotted. I think if i was standing back another 10 yards it wouldn't look to thin on side cover. Its literally 15 feet off the food plot so i don't know if it will work. Had the overhead cover and the stump so i trimmed a few branches and raked the ground clean.

·
Registered
2,382 Posts
Blind is at least 75 yards away. I can get in it without being spotted. I think if i was standing back another 10 yards it wouldn't look to thin on side cover. Its literally 15 feet off the food plot so i don't know if it will work. Had the overhead cover and the stump so i trimmed a few branches and raked the ground clean.
15' off a food plot equals doe bedding.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts