Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Say My Name.
14,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As some here have heard, I had a serious problem with beavers which showed up on my farm this winter and augmented my wetland project into a monstrosity that had well over ten acres of woodlands underwater into May. Some beavers were trapped, and the rest, for whatever reason, disappeared. While trapping was in progress, I put up a camera along their dam, angled downward, in hopes of getting pics of one of the rascals, but alas, was unsuccessful. On May 12, I took my pitchfork and shovel and cut a hole in the middle of a 90ft berm which these filthy rodents had erected.

Here I am shoveling away; the main cut was probably 30 feet south of where I'm standing here.

Couple days later:

One week later:

Finally, the low water mark.

In early June, just for kicks, I swung the camera around the tree and aimed it in the opposite direction. Had daily pictures of antlerless deer, and one odd pic of a bachelor group of bucks which traipsed by. One of them could be a shooter for some kid this fall.

Of course, any scouting cam sequence of mine would be incomplete without at least one human interloper.

·
Premium Member
7,695 Posts
I think you're gonna need a bigger shovel if you're gonna keep up with those critters, looks like a long battle ahead....;)
Pretty cool looking headgear you got there FL.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Amazing the havoc those dam rodents can cause. Good luck keeping them gone. By the way, nice pics.

·
Premium Member
30,833 Posts
Of course, any scouting cam sequence of mine would be incomplete without at least one human interloper.
I recognize him from a poster in the post office!:yikes:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts