Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have an area the beavers are just hammering and have seen them though out deer season. I have a foot hold trap set up for them but have a question about conibears. I thought I read that there were some new trapping regulations that took effect this year. How do they affect the placement of conibears for beaver trapping. Any info would be great. Thanks and Happy Thanksgiving!

·
Registered
3,447 Posts
The change in regs did not effect traps set in water ... only dry land.

So, as long as the 330's are set in the water (which they should be) they are unaffected by the new regs (no matter if public or private land).

The changes are all spelled out in the booklet and online ... wouldn't hurt to take a look.

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
Ed's right. There have been no changes to beaver trapping with bodygrippers-except that all traps larger than 220s have to be in the water (on all lands- public and private). I suggest reviewing the regs every year. There seems to be something changing just about every year- sometimes in our favor and sometimes not.

Good luck on the beaver!

John

·
Registered
3,447 Posts
Ed's right. There have been no changes to beaver trapping with bodygrippers-except that all traps larger than 220s have to be in the water (on all lands- public and private). I suggest reviewing the regs every year. There seems to be something changing just about every year- sometimes in our favor and sometimes not.

Good luck on the beaver!

John
Good point John ... I guess in years past, that a trap larger than a 220 could have been set on dry land on private (I can't recall exactly the way the regs used to read). However, IMHO this would not have been a real smart thing to do anyway.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts