Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
948 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI all I found a hot bed of beaver and was wondering if a 220 is way too small? I have a 330 or 2 but I also have a 220 I would like to use if it will work. THanks

·
Premium Member
10,804 Posts
bucketmouthhauler said:
HI all I found a hot bed of beaver........
I'm not even gonna touch this one! :lol: :evilsmile :whistle: :bonk:

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
Burksee said:
I'm not even gonna touch this one! :lol: :evilsmile :whistle: :bonk:
....and he wants to know if size really matters ;)

Seriously though, as a general opinion (since I have never trapped beaver), I would say that you should use the 330's....since you have them. Why use borderline equipment? If youre going to set a killing trap, then kill them good....this way you can sleep good at night and not worry about catching Beaver-zilla, that might batter the lighter gear and anchoring system as it remains alive.

·
Super Moderator
6,904 Posts
i found one of them once but all she wanted was my money.:hide:

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
I would place traps capable of catching the largest animal out there. So expect to catch a 50# beaver and place traps that will catch 'em. It is mighty disapointing to find a sprung trap with no animal inside.

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
I'm certain a 220 would work. However, the only time I would use one is in a tight spot where a 280 or 330 just wouldn't fit.

-Andrew

·
Registered
7,939 Posts
Tight spots......Beaver hot beds........you guys are lobbin' me softballs here!:lol:

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
330 all the way I have personally caught beaver in 220's that were meant for otter, but don't recommend it. I no longer use 220's for otter anymore either. 280 is the smallest I would go for beaver they work great for beaver, but the 330 is best. Good luck

1 - 11 of 11 Posts